Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I would like to say Awesome job on all the tools and support here! It's great.

I have an ID49C07u laptop, it has an i3-350M processor and Intel HD graphics. I'm not really worried about everything working perfectly. I know that Intel graphics isn't supported, but I installed via iBoot and store bought 10.6.3 Snow Leopard disc. It installed perfect and runs great. I have to use iBoot to boot, which again isn't a big deal (would be nice to just be able to boot though). Even after MultiBeast install, it will boot to chameleon then I get a white screen with the Apple logo and it just sits there. If I update at all even to just 10.6.4, I can't even boot with the iBoot disc. It takes me to the same white screen with the Apple logo. Is there any hope for me to be able to update to 10.6.6 (10.6.7 would be nice though)?

Thank you in advance

Re: ID49C07u Updating

All I checked is EasyBeast Install, Rebuild Caches, and Repair Permissions because everything seemed to work fine so I didn't think I needed any drivers installed. Should I check anything else? Also, I just got the new 3.4 MultiBeast, should I do everything in it instead of the 3.3?

After an update, not even the iBoot disc can get the system to boot. I have tried -x and also -v. Safemode (-x) gives me the white screen with the Apple logo indefinitely. And verbose mode fills the screen with text, then the screen clears and all I have is a black screen, nothing else.

Gave that a try and I still get the white screen with the Apple logo with the circle under it that just keeps spinning. Right now I have the 10.6.6 combo update installed.
I tried
-x -v cpus=1 busratio=17
and it shows where it stops, I attached a picture of the screen when it finally stops loading anything else.

Attachments

• MacLaptop.jpg
    MacLaptop.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 186

Try to boot in single user mode by typing -s on the chameleon bootscreen. When yout get to the root terminal type:

• fsck -fy
    mount -uw /

If fsck found issues and has altered, repaired, or fixed anything, it will display this message:

***** FILE SYSTEM WAS MODIFIED *****

Important: If this message appears, repeat the fsck command you typed above until fsck tells you that your volume appears to be OK. Then type...

• rm -r /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext
    rm -r /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext
    rm /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/*
    reboot

Boot from your OSX HD. The 1st start after that takes a bit longer as normal, please be patient. If that works and you can get to your desktop, run Kext Utility (doubleclick) and right after that run Disk Utility and repair the permissions on the OSX HD. Keep in mind you have to repeat with the steps above after every Combo Update

Thank you so much! I finally have a running Mac on my laptop. I installed the 10.6.7 and it boots great. Took awhile little work, but I got my usb mouse to work too. But now I am up against another problem. I haven't got to check into it much, but I'm pretty sure my keyboard and wireless are conflicting. Sometimes it boots and wireless works but my keyboard doesn't. Then sometimes my keyboard works and my wireless doesn't. Kind of weird. Any ideas on that? Also, the wireless and keyboard worked great before the update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back