RX 6600 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
just updated accidentally... stupid

3930K a total fail....
i guess i am an idiot cause i thought i was updating iTunes....
Now i am stuck with a panic.

idiots boot back to windows and ask for help :(

EDIT: i tried -x safe mode, -s single user, nv_disable=1, MacPro5,1 iMac14,1 and 17,1 and dropping CPU SSDT. Strangely the result remains exactly the same. it seems that the panic is happening before everything else ....

Attachments

• IMG_0425.png
    IMG_0425.png
    2 MB · Views: 210
Last edited:
any ideas? anyone?

any ideas? anyone?
  • Your uploaded Screen Image shows Kernel Panic from AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext
  • Removing this Offending Kext should help with the booting problem.
  • You can remove the Kext using Single USER Mode Boot with -s flag at the Clover Boot Manager Screen >Options>Boot Args: to get the Shell Prompt to run the following Commands:
  • boot Args: -v -s [ENTER]
  • At the Shell Prompt> Type the following and ENTER
    • mount - uw /
    • cd /System/Library/Extensions
    • sudo rm -rf AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement*
    • sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Caches/*
    • shutdown -r now

Hope the above helps you to move on .

Attachments

• KP from AICPUPM.kext.png
    KP from AICPUPM.kext.png
    641.8 KB · Views: 152
Thank you so much for your answer. you are right, i just realized that myself an hour ago and remembered that i have some custom kernel patches enabled in order for turbo boost to work (.....)
So i disabled all these from clover and got past that panic. (So in all reboots from now on i first disable these custom kernel patches.)
now in verbose it loads normally, fades out in some point then fades in again with the white apple and the loading bar at 50% and freezes.
this seems to be the GPU so i tried unchecking web drivers, "nv_disable", "inject nvidia" but still nothing

meanwhile i tried your suggestion to boot with -s but it always freezes after a line about AppleUSBaudio although i have no USB anything connected. So i can't get to delete or move the kext. i am not sure it is neede anymore though since the panic stoped without the patches
safe mode doesn't work as well.
i ll keep trying and come back if anything changes.

thank you very much once more :)

Thank you so much for your answer. you are right, i just realized that myself an hour ago and remembered that i have some custom kernel patches enabled in order for turbo boost to work (.....)
So i disabled all these from clover and got past that panic. (So in all reboots from now on i first disable these custom kernel patches.)
now in verbose it loads normally, fades out in some point then fades in again with the white apple and the loading bar at 50% and freezes.
this seems to be the GPU so i tried unchecking web drivers, "nv_disable", "inject nvidia" but still nothing

meanwhile i tried your suggestion to boot with -s but it always freezes after a line about AppleUSBaudio although i have no USB anything connected. So i can't get to delete or move the kext. i am not sure it is neede anymore though since the panic stoped without the patches
safe mode doesn't work as well.
i ll keep trying and come back if anything changes.

thank you very much once more :)
Do you have a Sierra USB Installer Flash Disk you can use to reach the Installer Screen to access Utility>Disk Utility ?
If so, you can edit your Hackintosh System disk as root to backup the offending kext if the current problem is the same KP you posted or another KP with a new kext in the backtrace.

If you need help, post back with details such as Screen shot upload, so that I know what you are facing.

PS: I missed to comment on this part of your current response
now in verbose it loads normally, fades out in some point then fades in again with the white apple and the loading bar at 50% and freezes.this seems to be the GPU so i tried unchecking web drivers, "nv_disable", "inject nvidia" but still nothing
Since you have installed the NVIDIA kext, try not to use the flag nv_disable=1 and in CLOVER Boot Manager>"Options "
>"Graphics Injector" section keep [√] Inject Nvidia and [√] Nvidia Web

Last edited:
No solution, panics everywhere and I need my Mac for my work is left behind! the update post does not suggest Time Machine so I thought it was not recommended.as a last resort I restored a backup, traveling back to 19 of July and 10.12.5....
everything is back to normal !!! :headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

what a relief!!!!!!!

cnm699 thanks a million for you time and help.
I think I must wait for the kernel patches, drivers etc to be updated for 10.12.6, take all my precautions and proceed to the update. but after this experience I won't rush it.... this is my everyday workstation.
2 days ago I had deleted my Sierra USB cause a friend needed it. :banghead:
next time I press this freakin UPDATE button I am gonna be loaded with 2 backups, a Sierra USB, and a second hackintosh ready and waiting

cheers!!

No solution, panics everywhere and I need my Mac for my work is left behind! the update post does not suggest Time Machine so I thought it was not recommended.as a last resort I restored a backup, traveling back to 19 of July and 10.12.5....
everything is back to normal !!! :headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

what a relief!!!!!!!

cnm699 thanks a million for you time and help.
I think I must wait for the kernel patches, drivers etc to be updated for 10.12.6, take all my precautions and proceed to the update. but after this experience I won't rush it.... this is my everyday workstation.
2 days ago I had deleted my Sierra USB cause a friend needed it. :banghead:
next time I press this freakin UPDATE button I am gonna be loaded with 2 backups, a Sierra USB, and a second hackintosh ready and waiting

cheers!!
Great.

I too clone my USB installer (especially the one configured for my X79 MoBo that needed SSDT) as well as System disk for such eventualities as you just had.
I put the clone in and boot and go about my work and before the end of the day Clone and Restore the fouled up System disk that was removed using the current good one as the source and keep one copy safely for the next time this happens.

A few extra flash disks and a few SATA disks of equal or larger size would save us from a lot of frustration and down time due to sudden catastrophic HDD corruption or hard disk failure. The Fall back spare disk also helps us to be 'bold' and try updates or new Beta macOS installation without any fear of losing everything!

Great.

I too clone my USB installer (especially the one configured for my X79 MoBo that needed SSDT) as well as System disk for such eventualities as you just had.
I put the clone in and boot and go about my work and before the end of the day Clone and Restore the fouled up System disk that was removed using the current good one as the source and keep one copy safely for the next time this happens.

A few extra flash disks and a few SATA disks of equal or larger size would save us from a lot of frustration and down time due to sudden catastrophic HDD corruption or hard disk failure. The Fall back spare disk also helps us to be 'bold' and try updates or new Beta macOS installation without any fear of losing everything!
well said!!
and in ....eventualities like my last one, a few extra pair of eyes before clicking UPDATE wouldn't hurt as well !!
Hackintoshing is a sport mainly for storage device collectors :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back