ATI 5770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi there

Still trying to get Lion installed. Tried UniBeast with Lion 10.7.2 download from App Store. I get as far as the Apple logo and the spinning wheel, but the spinning wheel quickly freezes and the USB drive stops being accessed.

Trying again with GraphicsEnabler=No gets me to a white screen with a moving mouse pointer, but no further.

Trying rBoot from a CD with an xMove-d Lion Installer 8GB partition on my hard drive results in pretty much the same thing.

iBoot with Snow Leopard is fine - 10.6.0 Retail DVD and 10.6.6 Combo Update to get the Lion app works OK (but haven't Multibeasted in SL this time as the Custommac Mini thread says there is no need/point)

Am running the following :
GA-Z68P-DS3 with i7 2600K
4GB single stick of Corsair XMS DDR3 PC1600 RAM
LG BD/DVD RW drive
Samsung 1TB drive

Both SATA devices connected 3Gbs SATA II currently.

Can anyone help?

*** EDIT : Update. rBoot with GraphicsEnabler=No has got me to the Lion Installer! Fingers crossed... ***

Re: UniBeast and rBoot / xMove both freezing

@noggin,

I don't think Intel Atom is dual core processor. I don't recall Intel Atom being 64bit either.
Those are 2 basic prerequisites for installing Apple OS X Lion. With your equipment, be happy with SL.

sofatiger51 said:
@noggin,

I don't think Intel Atom is dual core processor. I don't recall Intel Atom being 64bit either.
Those are 2 basic prerequisites for installing Apple OS X Lion. With your equipment, be happy with SL.

Atom 330 is 64bit dual core with hyperthreading...trust me, I got two boards with it...oh, and it runs Lion, too...

Not trying with my Dell Mini 9 Atom - that's fine in SL!

I'm using an i7 2600K for the Lion install - as per the message body in my post.

rBoot with GraphicsEnabler=No got me to the installer, but at a couple of minutes left my system restarted to the BIOS screen before it reached the Successful screen.

Could this be SpeedStep stuff?

Rebooted, ran MultiBeast with my downloaded DSDT and it does the same thing when I boot using Chimera, it freezes on the spinning wheel. Except the eject key works. I get the feeling it is trying to switch to another video output (my board only has one) - though I may be wrong?

UniBeast also gets me to the Lion Installer with GraphicsEnabler=No.

Did you use npci=0x2000 at boot? This is supposed to solve lots of such freezing issues. Just checking, mate.

Right. Success (well at least on the booting and graphics front!!!)

Unibeast with 10.7.2 boots OK with GraphicsEnabler=No.

Managed a full Lion install to a clean partition all the way to the Green Tick.

Re booted my new Lion install partition - with Unibeast and again with GraphicsEnabler=No (i.e. Selected my Lion Install instead of USB and then typed "GraphicsEnabler=No" before pressing enter. That let me set-up my system, download Multibeast etc.

I then ran Multibeast with my downloaded DSDT .aml file on the desktop, System Utilities ticked AND selected MacMini in the customisation screen.

Rebooted, this time directly into Chimera, not from the Unibeast USB, and didn't type any GraphicsEnabler stuff. This got me into Lion in 1024x768.

Reran Multibeast with my options based on these here viewtopic.php?t=34098&p=214834 (but I don't have USB3, 3rd party SATA etc. so ignored those)

Just rebooted and System Report has now recognised my HD3000 graphics and is running at native resolution. Haven't checked sound, or Quartz stuff, but this is massive progress for me!

Thanks everyone. Learned loads doing this!

Well - first go and I didn't have any sound. Tried re-installing from Multibeast and still no sound.

Then in Safari I got a Kernel Panic and rebooting just stuck at the spinning wheel and Apple logo (the wheel didn't freeze - it just kept on spinning for 10+ minutes...)

Re-installed again from Unibeast - GraphicsEnabler=No for initial USB and then Lion both times.

In Multibeast I installed just EasyDST (with downloaded DSDT on desktop), System Utilities and a MacMini customisation. This rebooted to proper display resolution on first go with no Unibeast in the way and no GraphicsEnabler option.

Then ran Multibeast again (and included FakeSMC as well as FakeSMC plug-in)

This time I have a sound device properly listed, and plugging a pair of headphones into my front panel audio socket, I get proper sound in iTunes.

Now about to try and install a further 4GB of RAM in another slot - and then, scariest of all, my Decklink SDI PCI-E card. (Do Hackintoshes support PCI-E cards in the same way that Mac Pros do?)

Further update. 8GB of RAM re-installed.

Decklink SDI PCI-E card installed, and appears to be recognised by Black Magic software.

Getting ripples when I add widgets in Dashboard (when it is disabled as a space) suggesting QE/QI is working.

All seems to be pretty amazing. Took a while to get there. Now to find the best way of creating an image of this set-up that I can restore quickly. And I think I'm going to create a mirror on a separate drive?

Use Carbon Copy Cloner for your mirror backup drive. It has saved many many people a lot of time and nerves. :)

For regular backups best use TimeMachine with a separate backup drive. It's that simple :D

Oh, and congratz of course!!

Congrats Noggin :clap:

Very glad to see you are having success with this hardware b/c I am having trouble with the same MB and onboard HD 3000 graphics.

Your posts have been very helpful since I'm having exactly the same problems.
The furthest I've gotten is a HDD bootable lion 10.7.2 with no sound, lan or HD3000.

I tried the settings as suggested above in this thread. viewtopic.php?t=34098&p=214834
This did not work for me, system not bootable in anyway.

I will be starting from scratch and wanted to confirm a few settings.

Bios-Are you changing anything other than HPET-64 and AHCI?

noggin said:
In Multibeast I installed just EasyDST (with downloaded DSDT on desktop), System Utilities and a MacMini customisation. This rebooted to proper display resolution on first go with no Unibeast in the way and no GraphicsEnabler option.

Then ran Multibeast again (and included FakeSMC as well as FakeSMC plug-in)

This time I have a sound device properly listed, and plugging a pair of headphones into my front panel audio socket, I get proper sound in iTunes.

Now about to try and install a further 4GB of RAM in another slot

Per your posting, my plan will be:
-install lion 10.7.2., obviously.
-run multibeast with Easybeast, System Utilities and "system definition" MacMini.
-reboot, hopefully from HDD
-run multibeast again with FakeSMC as well as FakeSMC plug-ins.

What about the Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx Ethernet and Realtek ALC8xx/AppleHDA Rollback settings? When are you selecting these, if at all? Any other multibeast settings not mentioned that i should be selecting?

is 4gb ram the max, or can i just keep the 8gb in there?

Thanks again for your hard work, was about to install win7 :thumbdown:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back