Graphics
RX 5500 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I can install Mac OS X 10.6.3 DVD I bought from Apple. The screen is fine, but seems to have a generic video driver and I'm stuck in 1024x768.

I found iboot and multibeast to get this installed. But after I do the update to 10.6.5 I get a spinning wheel when rebooting with iboot, or I get a gray screens with tiny rectangular blocks covering the whole screen when I reboot with hard drive only.

Is there some setting in iboot to get the display to at least come up even if in generic driver mode?

I'm using the H55N-USB F5 DTST found on this site.

so everything seems to work except my video.

any help would be greatly sppreciated.
-=Mark=-

Re: I need help installing 5670

OK, I finally got it working. have no clue what I did, but it was through multi-beast. I tried to post a screen shot, but I can't figure out how to do it in OSX.

I press print screen and I hear a sound, but where do I paste it? If it even copied it.

-=Mark=-
also, I lost my internet connection. I selected both of the realtek gigabit ethernet drivers as I did before, but this time it didn't work. Can I run multibeast again with only selecting the ethernet adapters? or will it wipe my config and make me lose everything?

Darn... Kind of having similar problem, but I have tried a different approach to get it working. I have tried installing ATY_init and all that BS. Stuck at 1024x768 also. Will try multibeast and see what I come up with as well.

I not only lost my internet,but it killed my network adapter. When I booted from my windows disk I still had no internet. After a couple of hours fiddling I got it to work on a BIOS reset. I then went back into Mac OSX and no internet again. I then went back to the Windows boot and no internet in windows again. This time I just unplugged the power from the wall and it came back. But I can't log into Mac OSX at all without losing my network adapter.

I'll post my multibeast config later as I finally found out how to save a screen shot (cmd+shift+4 called screen capture) and it make a camera shot sound when successful, then it gives you a cursor to capture any part of the screen. It then put the photo on my desktop automagically.

Anyone know how to remove the two Realtek ethernet adapters drivers I installed with mutlibeast?

-=Mark=-

here is my method for 5670

what you needs:
- iboot (supported or ge)
- multibeast
- chameleon for hd5000.pkg
- 10.6.3 osx retail dvd
- hd 5670 rom (use GPU-Z on windows to extract it, and then rename it to 1002_68d8.rom)
- snowleopardgraphicsupdate.dmg

installing:
1. boot using iboot with flags "-v GraphicsEnabler=No"
2. update 10.6.3 to 10.6.4 + run multibeast then reboot
3. install chameleon hd5000.pkg and put 1002_68d8.com in /Extra
4. edit boot.plist:
<key>UseAtiROM</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
5. reboot
6. install "Snow Leopard Graphics Update"
7.reboot
8. now, you should be able to change display resolution

Here is my multibeast screen shot. I wouldn't select those two realtek drivers. Maybe only one if it matches your motherboard.

Multibeast.png

I also have a screen shot of profiler with my 5670 working.

Profiler.png

I think it even has CE/CI enabled as FrontRow come us (cmd+esc) also my menu bar is transparent as well as the dock.

Now if I can just get my network working properly, then I'll be set.

-=Mark=-
ps. here's a link on iboot+Multibeast in case you can't find it.
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/04/ ... -x-on.html

pss. I alsoused the 10.6.6 comboupdate.Itis located here:
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/01/ ... pdate.html

Attachments

• Multibeast.png
    Multibeast.png
    117.1 KB · Views: 265
  • Profiler.png
    Profiler.png
    46.5 KB · Views: 276

Woot, I got everything going 100% finally.

I found an automated realtek driver package from lnx2mac's webite. They will even remove conflicting network drivers for you:
http://lnx2mac.blogspot.com/

They worked great and no more lockups or trouble of any kind so far.
Hopefully other 5670 users will have as good of luck as I have.

-=Mark=-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back