Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Rog Strix z370-F
CPU
i7 8700K
Graphics
EVGA gtx 1070 sc
Hi, I have started my first computer build ever, and I decided to install OS X High Sierra on it, I have followed the guide from this website as best as i can, but I can not get the installer to load, when i select the installer from clover, the apple logo will show up for a minute, and then boots back to clover. I dont even know where to begin to look for the issue.

In the BIOS settings i set everything as the guide suggests, except i could not find XHCI handoff anywhere in my BIOS, and potentially IO Serial Port (i found a serial port area, and below it it had info which led me to believe that that in fact was the IO Serial Port Option, so i disabled that)

Im not sure if the issue im encountering is my something in my BIOS settings, if it is a problem with the High Sierra thumb drive, or if there is some other issue that it could be? any help is greatly appreciated

when i select the installer from clover, the apple logo will show up for a minute, and then boots back to clover. I dont even know where to begin to look for the issue.
Boot your system in Verbose Mode and post a picture of your screen when it freezes/hangs.
At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Verbose (-v) and Don't reboot on panic (debug=0x100)

Boot your system in Verbose Mode and post a picture of your screen when it freezes/hangs.
At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Verbose (-v) and Don't reboot on panic (debug=0x100)

sorry about the quality, im not sure how to screenshot in a pre-booted state (or how to get the screenshots from that computer)

Attachments

• verbose2.jpg
    verbose2.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 110
  • verbose 1.jpg
    verbose 1.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 97
sorry about the quality, im not sure how to screenshot in a pre-booted state (or how to get the screenshots from that computer)
Asus Z370 motherboard users have reported that when using two sticks of RAM, it is recommended to install them to slots B1 and A1 rather than the manual's recommendation of B2 and A2. The reason for this is that using B2 and A2 will cause a Clover error that will prevent booting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back