CPU
i5 7600
Graphics
GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a working version of Sierra on a RAID setup. I cloned an SSD, and hope to upgrade it using High Sierra. Using the UniBeast guide, I created a USB thumb drive to boot the installer. I can see the USB drive in my F12 menu, and it shows up in Clover (latest version). However, when I try to boot the USB drive, the Apple appears one the screen, but no progression bar.

My config.plist is below.

GA-Z77X-UD5H
GTX 1060
SanDiskSSD 480GB
I7 3.5Ghz

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.5 KB · Views: 242
However, when I try to boot the USB drive, the Apple appears one the screen, but no progression bar.
Boot your system in Verbose Mode and post a picture of your screen when it freezes/hangs.
At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Verbose (-v)

Thank you BreBo,

Please see the following. I think I will repeat the thumb drive creation process. Perhaps I overlooked something?

Thoughts?

IMG_2326.JPG

My config.plist is below.
Change config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/DropOEM_DSM/NVidia=true to false
Change config.plist/Devices/FakeID/IntelGFX=0x12345678 to 0x0

SUCCESS - thank you BreBo, the Nvidia setting was a fix. However, after I get to the High Sierra install screen, I needed to format the new drive to APFS. After that it was a breeze. Then I finished the complete install, using MultiBeast (no Clover), and she booted just fine; all working.

The next step was in install the Samsung 960 EVO NVMe500GB drive. I installed it along with a new CPU cooler (Corsair H80i V2) and rebooted to my original drive. Then, I used Carbon Copy Cloner to clone the new NVMe drive. When I rebooted, it took a bit, but it did work. I probably need to do some fine tuning.

My only complaint is that His Sierra seems a little sluggish compared to Sierra. I suspect that may be due to my settings. As some have suggested, with a newer MOBO, the NVME worked right out the box; no additional kext required.

[Revised] Using a verbose reboot, I noticed that the boot process hung up on Lilu kext, so I removed it. the boot process went from over 1 minute to 15 seconds. Also, I enabled trim using the terminal, and the majority of the "sluggish" behavior went away.

Thanks for all of your help!
  • OS X 10.13.3 High Sierra
  • MOBO GA-Z77-HD3
  • Kaby Lake i5 7680
  • Nvidia GTX 1060
  • 16GB Corsair RAM DDR4
  • Audio - FIO USB DAC (works great without kexts)
main.jpeg
Intel Power Gadget.png
SSD.png
USB.jpeg
video.png
DiskSpeedTest.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back