Contribute
Register

[solved] HP Probook 4540s Battery life only 1hr!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Probook 4540s
CPU
Intel Core i5 3210M
Graphics
Intel HD 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
didn't noticed anyone else reported this problem, but My full charged battery reducing 1% every minute. I have followed the mad_sunday's guide. can anyone help me please?

Edit: while my brightness level is only 15%
Edit 2: in windows I get around 2.5 hr

HP Probook 4540s Battery life only 1hr!!!!!

Here is what I have found out for my 4540s, just incase helps anyone to sort out the possible bug. I have downloaded the latest MAC OS X Installer from App store which is 10.8.2. so I do not use combo update.

1. Using mad sundays tutorial http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook/87085-probook-4540s-ivy-bridge-howto.html and placing his DSDT, SSDT, KEXTS my start up became really slow and battery was dropping by 1% per minute no matter what i was doing..
2 camera was not working after wake up and was taking 10-15 sec to come to the Login Screen.

Now I have tried this to test and system booted in 10 sec from my SSD.
and installed the following items. Untitled.png
  • Then copied the mad_sunday's SSDT.aml in the extra folder.

• System boots in 10-15(max). Wakes up immediately with webcam working fine too. After wake up System fan through HW monitor shows 0RPM!!!!
  • Battery life is 4 Hour 30min with minimum brightness.
  • FAN speed is always bit high like 2400-2600 rpm. and the CPU temp is going upto 55-56c. while it was 1900rpm & 45-50c when I used mad_ sunday's thread.
Does anyone have any clue what may be doing wrong here?

Hi, I don`t know where is the problem, my battery life is also very short. Can you please upload the mad_sundays dsdt and ssdt file? I can try remove my files with files from pete. I was looking for them anywhere, but i can`t find them.

Thanks.

PS>sry for my english

Hi, I don`t know where is the problem, my battery life is also very short. Can you please upload the mad_sundays dsdt and ssdt file? I can try remove my files with files from pete. I was looking for them anywhere, but i can`t find them.

Thanks.

PS>sry for my english

What procedure did you use to install?

There is no reason to use a DSDT/SSDT from someone else. Generate DSDT/SSDT with the ProBook Installer v6.1 instead. Always better to have DSDT patched from your own. And to have SSDT specifically for your CPU.

What procedure did you use to install?

There is no reason to use a DSDT/SSDT from someone else. Generate DSDT/SSDT with the ProBook Installer v6.1 instead. Always better to have DSDT patched from your own. And to have SSDT specifically for your CPU.

I have did a clean install & Generated DSDT/SSDT with the ProBook Installer v6.1b13. everything working perfectly now.

I guess there's no way to improve battery life on our ProBooks...There are not real Macs after all, unless you wanna get 9-cell battery, which is major impact to its weight (ProBook is originally pretty heavy, improved battery gonna make you forget about portability at all) and laptop size (who likes this awful hunk at the bottom?).
That's why I'm afraid we are cursed to have battery life ~1 hour and have ProBooks linked to power adapter all the time.

I guess there's no way to improve battery life on our ProBooks...There are not real Macs after all, unless you wanna get 9-cell battery, which is major impact to its weight (ProBook is originally pretty heavy, improved battery gonna make you forget about portability at all) and laptop size (who likes this awful hunk at the bottom?).
That's why I'm afraid we are cursed to have battery life ~1 hour and have ProBooks linked to power adapter all the time.

I get 3-4 hours light web browsing with mine.

I get 3-4 hours light web browsing with mine.

Well, our models are different then.
My ProBook 4530s (B0W80ES) (Core i5 2450M 2500 Mhz/15.6"/1366x768/4096Mb/320Gb), your quiet fan DSDT patch is installed.
Just browsing - 1,5 hour.
Running apps, iTunes playback, iWork, iPhoto - 1 hour or less.
Video playback - 40-50 minutes.

Can not really say that I'm unsatisfied with such results but it's not even close to battery life under Windows, which is installed on this very laptop.

on the subject of batteries, is it a good or bad idea to leave the mains plugged in when im at home and at my desk, I assume the battery is not used at all when its full and mains is in?

That's what I do. The battery is not touched if it has a relatively full charge and AC plugged in. You will even notice that the battery will lose charge just sitting there (as batteries do). Some people remove the battery and store in a cool place as that is supposed to be better for the battery. But then you have no battery backup in the case of power failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back