Contribute
Register

[solved] HP Laptop 15-bs015dx, mostly working, just blank screen after waking from display sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else using a HP Laptop 15-bs015dx or similar budget HP laptop? Each specific model seems to get phased out every 3-6 months, but HP seems to constantly keep a similar $500 budget laptop going. Success or common problems going to Mojave?

Has there been any progress on an install guide for the Hp 15-bs015dx in High Sierra or Mojave?

Oh, hi. It's been so smooth on Mojave that I forgot. A new system update just came out, so it's perfect timing to install from scratch on a test drive and document each step.

Oh, hi. It's been so smooth on Mojave that I forgot. A new system update just came out, so it's perfect timing to install from scratch on a test drive and document each step.

That would be awesome!

Could you upload your clover settings I can not get the install screen to post.

Hi, I can put up a text description of my configuration. That's easier than writing up a step-by-step (and presumably you know what to do if you know the configuration).

Clover config.plist, start with blank and fill in these:
Devices -> USB -> FixOwnership -> ✓ Devices -> Audio -> Inject -> 3 Devices -> Devices -> PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0) Devices -> Properties -> * * framebuffer-stolenmem 00003001 DATA * framebuffer-patch-enable 01000000 DATA * framebuffer-unifiedmem 00000080 DATA * AAPL,ig-platform-id 00001B59 DATA * device-id 1B590000 DATA * framebuffer-fbmem 00009000 DATA Kernel and Kext Patches -> Kernel LAPIC ✓ (or kernel arg cpus=1, not sure if they are equivalent) Rt Variables -> UseMacAddr0 Rt Variables -> BooterConfig -> 0x28 Rt Variables -> CsrActiveConfig -> 0x0 or 0x3 or 0x67 (I use 0x67) SMBIOS -> Product Model -> MacBookPro14,1 System Parameters -> Inject Kexts -> Detect (assuming you put kexts in /Library/Extensions)

Kexts are:
ACPIBatteryManager.kext
AppleALC.kext
AppleBacklightFixup.kext
FakeSMC.kext (or VirtualSMC.kext)
Lilu.kext
RealtekRTL8111.kext
VoodooPS2Controller.kext
WhateverGreen.kext

I haven't figured out the optimal content for drivers64UEFI is, but NVRAM is functional, so AptioMemoryFix-64.efi might be necessary (haven't tested NVRAM without it). You don't want EmuVariableUefi-64.efi. I haven't done the work necessary to make brightness control work with the function keys.

WiFi and Bluetooth don't work, but I had a spare USB WiFi adapter, so that's what I'm using for $0.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 176
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back