Motherboard
HP Envy 700-575d (Clover)
CPU
i7-4790
Graphics
HD4600-NVidia GeForce GTX 745, 1920x1080
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I wanted to install macOS on a new SSD. In BIOS, I disabled the integrated video, VTx-d, safe boot and fast boot. I formatted a 16 GB USB to GUID partition map to use for the boot. I then followed the High Sierra installation guide at https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.235474/. However, after several attempts, I still couldn't get to the installer (only as far as the Clover menu). These are the attempts I made:

1. Using Legacy Boot Mode with default config.plist. At the Clover menu, I chose Boot macOS Install with verbose mode. However, I got the "++++" error as in the attached image.
2. Using Legacy Boot Mode with RehabMan's config_HD4600_4400_4200.plist. However, no entries was detected at Clover menu.
3. Enabling integrated video with RehabMan's config_HD4600_4400_4200.plist. Still, no entries was detected.
4. Enabling integrated video with original config.plist. Got the same error as #1.

[Update] This is the setting that makes it work: Using UEFI boot mode and disable integrated video. No config.plist change is necessary.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_3463.JPG
    IMG_3463.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 59
Last edited:
I wanted to install macOS on a new SSD. In BIOS, I disabled the integrated video, VTx-d, safe boot and fast boot. I formatted a 16 GB USB to GUID partition map to use for the boot. I then followed the High Sierra installation guide at https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.235474/. However, after several attempts, I still couldn't get to the installer (only as far as the Clover menu). These are the attempts I made:

1. Using Legacy Boot Mode with default config.plist. At the Clover menu, I chose Boot macOS Install with verbose mode. However, I got the "++++" error as in the attached image.
2. Using Legacy Boot Mode with RehabMan's config_HD4600_4400_4200.plist. However, no entries was detected at Clover menu.
3. Enabling integrated video with RehabMan's config_HD4600_4400_4200.plist. Still, no entries was detected.
4. Enabling integrated video with original config.plist. Got the same error as #1.

[Update] This is the setting that makes it work: Using UEFI boot mode and disable integrated video. No config.plist change is necessary.

config_HD4600_4400_4200.plist is for Intel graphics and laptops, not desktops with Nvidia.
And the reason you didn't see any macOS boot entries is because you forgot HFSPlus.efi in drivers64UEFI.

Thanks for the reply.

config_HD4600_4400_4200.plist is for Intel graphics and laptops, not desktops with Nvidia.
I understand that the config is for laptop, but my desktop comes with Intel HD4600 built-in, so I tried the config just in case it works (but it didn't).

And the reason you didn't see any macOS boot entries is because you forgot HFSPlus.efi in drivers64UEFI.
I don't know it has to be there. It isn't mentioned anywhere in the guide. Anyway, I checked the UEFI boot's (the one that works for my desktop) drivers64uefi folder and there's no HFSPlus.efi as well. Is the efi only necessary for legacy?

I have successfully installed the macOS but I couldn't boot from the SSD. These are the attempts I've made:

1. Using UEFI mode with default config.plist
2. Using UEFI mode with a modified config.plist that worked previously with my desktop and putting HFSPlus.efi inside drivers64uefi folder
3. As #2 and enable integrated video

I prevented the APFS conversion if that matters.

[UPDATE] I removed some bogus boot entries by following the guide at https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...boot-entries-prevent-further-problems.175274/ and the problem solved.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back