Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Elitebook 840 G2-Clover
CPU
i5-5300U
Graphics
HD5500, 1920x1080
First off, great site for making this thing work. Happy to find a new life for this old thing.

I'm up to 20 or so hours of beating my head against this. The machine is working great (typing this message on it), with the exception of sleep not functioning. It seems to do the same thing as attempting to shutdown: screen goes black, then 15-20 seconds later the fan kicks in. The screen will not come back, the LED remains fully lit. Press and hold power is the only way to get the machine to shut down.

I've tried a number of things (checked, quadruple-checked the settings I could find, removed lilu and intelgraphicsfixup (no apparent impact), changed SMBIOS to MacBookPro12,1, chanted an ancient Native American rain song...), but no luck.

Hopefully I'll successfully upload the requested files. And in case I screwed up the signature, this is for an Elitebook 840 G2 with HD5500 graphics, 16 GB ram, and 2 internal Samsung drives (both mount and appear to be working fine).

Thanks much in advance.

Attachments

• debug_17581.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 248
First off, great site for making this thing work. Happy to find a new life for this old thing.

I'm up to 20 or so hours of beating my head against this. The machine is working great (typing this message on it), with the exception of sleep not functioning. It seems to do the same thing as attempting to shutdown: screen goes black, then 15-20 seconds later the fan kicks in. The screen will not come back, the LED remains fully lit. Press and hold power is the only way to get the machine to shut down.

I've tried a number of things (checked, quadruple-checked the settings I could find, removed lilu and intelgraphicsfixup (no apparent impact), changed SMBIOS to MacBookPro12,1, chanted an ancient Native American rain song...), but no luck.

Hopefully I'll successfully upload the requested files. And in case I screwed up the signature, this is for an Elitebook 840 G2 with HD5500 graphics, 16 GB ram, and 2 internal Samsung drives (both mount and appear to be working fine).

Thanks much in advance.

Make sure you disabled "Wake on LAN" and "Wake on USB" in BIOS (as is written in the ProBook guide).

Both are disabled in the BIOS.

Make sure you flashed latest BIOS.
Attach photos of all BIOS settings.

Latest BIOS installed before beginning. Photos attached. And thank you for the quick replies!

Attachments

• IMG_6497.JPG
    IMG_6497.JPG
    196.6 KB · Views: 919
  • IMG_8740.JPG
    IMG_8740.JPG
    198.9 KB · Views: 508
  • IMG_0076.JPG
    IMG_0076.JPG
    175.4 KB · Views: 1,198
  • IMG_2581.JPG
    IMG_2581.JPG
    148.9 KB · Views: 414
  • IMG_0337.JPG
    IMG_0337.JPG
    175.4 KB · Views: 1,048
  • IMG_6239.JPG
    IMG_6239.JPG
    172.5 KB · Views: 1,994
  • IMG_2315.JPG
    IMG_2315.JPG
    162.9 KB · Views: 348
  • IMG_6869.JPG
    IMG_6869.JPG
    166.5 KB · Views: 628
  • IMG_6230.JPG
    IMG_6230.JPG
    195.4 KB · Views: 1,723
  • IMG_7384.JPG
    IMG_7384.JPG
    170.6 KB · Views: 388
  • IMG_1183.JPG
    IMG_1183.JPG
    166.3 KB · Views: 412
  • IMG_4526.JPG
    IMG_4526.JPG
    176 KB · Views: 269
  • IMG_4031.JPG
    IMG_4031.JPG
    169.8 KB · Views: 351
Latest BIOS installed before beginning. Photos attached. And thank you for the quick replies!

According to the guide, "fast boot" should be disabled.

According to the guide, "fast boot" should be disabled.

That's the other thing I've had no luck with (forgot about that). As you can see, it requires one of two prerequisites to do that, both of which I've attempted. I successfully enrolled in HP SpareKey (had to answer 3 security questions); I successfully enabled DriveLock. Fast Boot is still greyed out.

That's the other thing I've had no luck with (forgot about that). As you can see, it requires one of two prerequisites to do that, both of which I've attempted. I successfully enrolled in HP SpareKey (had to answer 3 security questions); I successfully enabled DriveLock. Fast Boot is still greyed out.

For you to solve (I don't have your laptop). Refer to HP documentation.

Might be worth mentioning: this machine only has MacOS on it. Moved from Ubuntu. I bring this up because I've read that the HP security magic needs something in Windows.

Might be worth mentioning: this machine only has MacOS on it. Moved from Ubuntu. I bring this up because I've read that the HP security magic needs something in Windows.

If you think you need Windows to change something, install Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back