Contribute
Register

[Solved] hp EliteBook 2570p - Fixing keyboard, sound & brightness (controls) after Clover/Multibeast

Status
Not open for further replies.
I happen to have followed THIS guide of yours as I hadn't been aware of a special or recommended one.

Do you suggest I start all over again with the other above mentioned?
... or can I jump into it at some (which?) later point?

You should probably start over, as you have probably done things that conflict with the guide.

It's taken me so long, first to get the USB stick to run, then to boot system on HDD, next to have functioning keyboard/mouse, ultimately to have (basic) sound that now I need some rest.

Post install steps using my guide take about 10 minutes.

I didn't realize you were suggesting to only do the post-installation-part ...

10 minutes sounds much better, I'll try it (later). Thanks for your support!

Success depends on how much garbage you installed in your failed attempts to get things working...

So I searched around a little and found, that VoodooHDA.kext/contents/info.plist can be edited DIRECTLY ...
... which did the trick for me:

I changed its value "VoodooHDAEnableVolumeChangeFix" from false to true: NOW I can use F-keys to control volume !
(Also I deleted a double kext that had not been activated from S/L/E and edited one in L/E.)

(Maybe I'll find a way to get brightness control right too?)

My guide does not use VoodooHDA.kext.
I will not support those that are not following my guide...

Moved off-topic posts to separate thread.

Last edited:
I did by no means intend to insult you - sorry!

It's just that the whole topic is OVERLY complex for me - and for others, too, I suppose.
(Normally I do AppleScripting and tamper with simple Android game programming.)

When I could not get sound in the beginning I tried various guides and Voodoo was the first one that worked for me.

I didn't take it as an insult.
But unless the discussion improves the existing guide, pursuing solutions not recommended by the guide, is a waste of both my time and yours.

The guide is not complex. Like I said, it requires only about 10 minutes to follow the post-install steps, and pre-install/install steps are boilerplate, essentially the same for all laptops. You do have to read it carefully, and in fact, reading the guide and related material may take longer than the 10 minutes it takes to follow the instructions there.

Latest update:
I got Backlight control back SIMPLY by selecting "[X] FixDarwin" (Clover Configurator) and using RehabMan's IntelBacklight.kext.

Next I'll see how to exchange the (incompatible) wifi card and how to get better trackpad functions ...

Your profile is not filled out correctly. Please fix.

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
("Personal Details" link from "profile menu" in upper right corner of this site)
https://www.tonymacx86.com/account/personal-details

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Hi, … been some time since I last came here.

Last week I upgraded my hp notebook to MacOSX 10.13.6 High Sierra, thereby producing a minor but quite irritating new problem, as on my German keyboard the right "context menu" key (Windows: between alt-gr and ctrl; a rectangle with 3 lines one above the other) is no longer recognised by the OS nor by Karabiner's Event-Viewer.
(Upgrading worked on 2nd or 3rd try after downloading the OS from Apple's App Store and running the appropriate installer app.)

I used to put some app-specific shortcuts on this un-Mac-like button (via Karabiner, now: Karabiner Elements): e.g. cmd-I/cmd-W in finder and history-back in Safari.

This special key, though, is not ignored completely by the OS, since it returns "alt-gr", but ONLY with a PREVIOUSLY pressed left "fn" key …
(As far as I can see no new version keyboard kexts were installed.)

Anybody have an idea how to re-recognize this "context menu" key ?
Might be some kext-related behaviour or might be an Apple-OS induced change … ?!?

Hi, … been some time since I last came here.

Last week I upgraded my hp notebook to MacOSX 10.13.6 High Sierra, thereby producing a minor but quite irritating new problem, as on my German keyboard the right "context menu" key (Windows: between alt-gr and ctrl; a rectangle with 3 lines one above the other) is no longer recognised by the OS nor by Karabiner's Event-Viewer.
(Upgrading worked on 2nd or 3rd try after downloading the OS from Apple's App Store and running the appropriate installer app.)

I used to put some app-specific shortcuts on this un-Mac-like button (via Karabiner, now: Karabiner Elements): e.g. cmd-I/cmd-W in finder and history-back in Safari.

This special key, though, is not ignored completely by the OS, since it returns "alt-gr", but ONLY with a PREVIOUSLY pressed left "fn" key …
(As far as I can see no new version keyboard kexts were installed.)

Anybody have an idea how to re-recognize this "context menu" key ?
Might be some kext-related behaviour or might be an Apple-OS induced change … ?!?

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Sincerely yours, MAClemens

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back