Motherboard
Gigabyte Aorus Z490 Elite
CPU
i9-10850K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
The backlight level is not being restored after a shutdown/restart on my HP ProBook 450 G4 and is always set at max level upon startup. I have checked that the Clover RC scripts are installed and that NVRAM is working. I can set/change backlight level using f5/f6 keys and can check the current level value using 'nvram -x -p' in terminal. After reboot, I can verify that the backlight level setting in the NVRAM.plist file in the /EFI/Clover folder is set at the same level as at the time of shutdown/restart (as reported from nvram -x -p), however the backlight is at max. So I know that the backlight level at shutdown is being correctly written to the NVRAM.plist file, however it is either not being read or is being overridden at startup.

Any help is appreciated.
-bth

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 62
The backlight level is not being restored after a shutdown/restart on my HP ProBook 450 G4 and is always set at max level upon startup. I have checked that the Clover RC scripts are installed and that NVRAM is working. I can set/change backlight level using f5/f6 keys and can check the current level value using 'nvram -x -p' in terminal. After reboot, I can verify that the backlight level setting in the NVRAM.plist file in the /EFI/Clover folder is set at the same level as at the time of shutdown/restart (as reported from nvram -x -p), however the backlight is at max. So I know that the backlight level at shutdown is being correctly written to the NVRAM.plist file, however it is either not being read or is being overridden at startup.

Any help is appreciated.
-bth
maybe you need a fake ALS: (Ambient Light Sensor)
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rol-using-applebacklightinjector-kext.218222/

Any help is appreciated.
-bth

Add SSDT-ALS0.aml to ACPI/patched.
Report result/problem reporting in reply.

Attachments

• SSDT-ALS0.aml
    101 bytes · Views: 97
Our problem is the same, and I have the same phenomenon. HP ProBook 430 G4

Add SSDT-ALS0.aml to ACPI/patched.
Report result/problem reporting in reply.
I've solved my problem.
Thank you very much for your help,
It looks pretty good now.

I've solved my problem.
Thank you very much for your help,
It looks pretty good now.

Please attach "problem reporting" files as requested in post #3.

Attachments

• problem reporting.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 64
I've solved my problem.

Yes, as I expected (SSDT-ALS0.aml is the reason).
I just wanted to verify before I commit the change to the ProBook repo.
Change now added to the repo.

Yes, as I expected (SSDT-ALS0.aml is the reason).
I just wanted to verify before I commit the change to the ProBook repo.
Change now added to the repo.
Thank you very much for your work. It makes us very convenient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back