Contribute
Register

[Solved] How to make a clean Clover install from scratch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z270-A Pro
CPU
7th gen i5-7600K LGA 1151
Graphics
None
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I'm stuck after installing Sierra 10.12.6 on a new Hackintosh where I can boot from USB stick (Clover v2.4k earlier than r4200, from UniBeast 7.1.1) but not from the HDD (updated to Clover v4.2k r4200).

How can I wipe out the HDD Clover settings and start with a fresh config? Or would that start me off with a blank config and defeat the purpose of what I'm trying to accomplish?

How can I install the version of Clover used in UniBeast 7.1.1?

I'd like to:
  1. Install a clean instance of the latest Clover to the HDD and see if that boots, if not then
  2. Install a clean instance of the Clover version from UniBeast 7.1.1 and see if that boots
Any attempts to reinstall the latest Clover have preserved the previous settings, which apparently have errors. And I can't find where to download the earlier version of Clover used in UniBeast.

Can I just copy the EFI/Clover folder from USB/EFI to HDD/EFI?

Can I just copy the EFI/Clover folder from USB/EFI to HDD/EFI?
Yes you can.
Copy the EFI folder of your usb installer drive to the desktop, mount the EFI partition of your hard drive, find and delete the EFI folder that is currently on the hard drive and replace it with the one you copied from the usb drive.

Copy the EFI folder of your usb installer drive to the desktop, mount the EFI partition of your hard drive, find and delete the EFI folder that is currently on the hard drive and replace it with the one you copied from the usb drive.
Thank you, this worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back