Contribute
Register

[Solved] How Do I Know Which Bootloader I have on my hackintosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
i7
Graphics
GT 610
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, I have a Hackintosh runnin maverik, and I was looking for the "extra" folder or Efi or CLover folder and files, in order to discover wich bootloader I have. So that I can make a bootable copy of my sys disk, and install the same bootloader on this copy.
The probloem is that I can t find neither chimera and chamaleon folder ( wich I read should be in the "extra" folder), neither any file or folder referring to clover (EFI, or EFI backups or CLver Folder).
Could you give me any other suggestion to discover wich bootloader i have?
Thank s a lot.
Andrea

Please enter your hardware into your profile and or create a signature build.
As for boot loader, when you power on the system, what do you see as it boots up after the motherboard splash screen or post?

Hi! Thanks a lot for your reply. I ve put all the informations I found out on my harware in the signature build and in personal details, but I can t find out the motherboard model.

When I power on the system I ve now seen that it says "chamaleon v2.svn"
So, thanks to your suggestion, I know now that my bootloader should be chamaleon, But I wonder why I can t find any "extra" folder or any other file with chamaleon in its name on my whole system drive. Is that normal?

And I also would like to aks you:

1) what I should do in order to create a bootable hd as a backup copy of my system? Should I just install this "chamaleon v2.svn" on it after copyng it with carbon copy cloner? And in that case is it required any further setup operation after installing it?

2) after having done all correctly to have my sys copy bootable backup: could I boot it from a usb drive (just to test it, I wouldn t work with that) or am I supposed to replace the sdd one that boots now with the backup copy in order for it to boot? Hope my questions are not too many or too confusing.

Thanks again

still can t see my signature with hardware hardware description....sorry I try to find out why and put them again

Hi! Thanks a lot for your reply. I ve put all the informations I found out on my harware in the signature build and in personal details, but I can t find out the motherboard model.

So, thanks to your suggestion, I know now that my bootloader should be chamaleon, But I wonder why I can t find any "extra" folder or any other file with chamaleon in its name on my whole system drive. Is that normal?

1) what I should do in order to create a bootable hd as a backup copy of my system? Should I just install this "chamaleon v2.svn" on it after copyng it with carbon copy cloner? And in that case is it required any further setup operation after installing it?

2) after having done all correctly to have my sys copy bootable backup: could I boot it from a usb drive (just to test it, I wouldn t work with that) or am I supposed to replace the sdd one that boots now with the backup copy in order for it to boot? Hope my questions are not too many or too confusing.

Thanks again
hardware profile is not setup correctly:

"mac pro 3,1 (what the system sees on "mac info")"
is not your motherboard make/model

thanks, I can t find out wich motherboard my computer have. I left it blank for now.

thanks, I can t find out wich motherboard my computer have. I left it blank for now.
Why not simply open up the case and look ? It's always printed right on the motherboard.

DSCN0052_copy.jpg

Thanks a lot, I will look there for sure. But it is in a reck in my studio, not in a very confortable position to take it out and open it, beside that i m not very used to open computers, and at the moment I have work going on it, so I d rather do that in a better moment with more calm in order to avoid doing anything wrong.
In the meanwhile could you maybe help me with the other questions, even without my motherboard info? Thank you

could you maybe help me with the other questions, even without my motherboard info? Thank you
I'm very patient. I can wait till you figure out what all of your hardware is and put it into your profile.

Thanks again
since you are using chameleon, there should be a folder named Extra in your root directory. Not sure what installer you used, so the folder may be hidden. Show All Files app is available from forum download/community software.

you can use CCC or SuperDuper to make a backup of your drive, than install chameleon, or you can use Chimera from the forum Downloads/tonymacx86 tools

you can install chameleon/Chimera to a usb drive and use it to boot the system. Best to have the boot loader on the drive if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back