Graphics
GeForce GT 730
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I just bought Samsung 27" curved monitor which I am in love with but can't have the full benefits with the 1920 resolution.
What I read is recommended is 2560x1440 for this monitor. I tried all the choices like SwitchResX, QuickRes and what not. They all show me 1920 as a maximum with which I can go.

I use the OSX Default Graphic Driver because I had no luck with the NVidia web drivers.
I just updated to the latest 10.12.2, tried the web drivers and the image of my desktop was blured with some things not visible.
Maybe I can't edit the plist as it is recommended elsewhere on the forums?! I just copy
<key>SystemParameters</key>
<dict>
<key>InjectKexts</key>
<string>YES</string>
<key>InjectSystemID</key>
<true/>
<key>NvidiaWeb</key>
<true/>
</dict>

to the end of the plist. Is this the way to go?

So, is somehow a way for me to use bigger resolution for my monitor?

It's possible that you need Core Patch. I needed it to get my 1440p monitor to work at resolution bigger than 1080p. My monitor is plugged into the HDMI port of my Nvidia 970GT.

Take a look at this:

https://github.com/Floris497/mac-pixel-clock-patch-V2

Do you have full graphics acceleration, right?

Last edited:
I just checked, unfortunately for my monitor 1080p is best I can go with.

But you stated 1440p is the recommended resolution for your monitor right? Which model do you have?

I read that it is recommended for a 27" monitor but not specifically for my monitor which is Samsung C27F390.

Yep, your monitor doesn't support higher resolutions than 1080p. ;)

That's too bad. I rushed buying it, for music I need more resolution. The more better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back