Core i7-3770 @ 3.40GHZ
Graphics
ATI Radeon Sapphire HD 5870
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I know there are quite a few posts about this already, but none of the solutions have worked for me after about 8 hours of trying all of them.

My old build was due for an upgrade, so I took some hardware I had laying around and built a new one. The specs are in my profile and below:

Mobo: MSI B75A-G43 - Version E7758IMS V10.2
CPU:Core i7-3770 @ 3.40GHZ
Graphics: ATI Radeon Sapphire HD 5870
HDD: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB
RAM: 32 GB Cosair DDR3

It took me a while to figure out the correct config on clover to even get the install going (about 12 hours). I used the guide at
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.235474/
I used Unibeast 8.1.0 because I could never get 8.2.0 to get past the first apple logo screen on the install.

Once I got it going it installed without issues.

It booted up and I installed the drivers using Multibeast High Sierra 10.2.0 and everything seemed to go fine.

I then rebooted without the USB and got the no bootable device found error.

I read and tested all sorts of different things from previous posts for the past 8 hours with 0 success.

Below are the tests I did with the Clover Configurator.

I mounted the EFI that shows on the SSD
I mounted the EFI that showed on the USB
I copied the EFI from the USB and replaced the EFI on the SSD with the EFI from the USB.

I mounted the EFI from the SSD
I opened the config.plist with the Clover Configurator.
I made sure the boot device was set to the High Sierra disk as the default.

These were the two options that were in most of the posts on here theta worked for others. I tried other things listed as well, but none of them worked.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

UPDATE:

Still no success with this build after install. I tried several other things described in articles with no success.

the latest thing I tried: Adding the Clover Boot Options for All Entries. Then running multibeast after logging in.

I have been experimenting all day with solutions from the forums.

I finally decided to try changing from EUFI Boot Mode to Legacy Boot Mode and also EUFI Boot Mode with Emulation.

With the later two modes the drive is detected as having an OS installed, but then I get CPU errors.

Please see the attached image.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_2444.JPG
    IMG_2444.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 58
Total PEBKAC issue here. I didn't realize that on the first reboot I was letting it load off of the USB still. Just make sure that it loads off the HDD on the first reboot of the install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back