1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Performa
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello
After a few weeks running high sierra with no problems, this morning, the finder seemed frozen. I could not force relaunch, so i pressed the front button to restart the computer the dirty way.
And now, when i boot, i can select the high sierra disk in bios disk select, but in clover i can't select the high sierra disk anymore, it's not in the list. I just have 'install high sierra' , 'recovery', the usb key installer if plugged, and the windows volume ...
I tried booting on the usb key, and here in disk util, i was able to see and try repairing the high sierra volume. No effect.
If i go to "startup disk" i don't see it neither.
Does somebody have a clue ? I am very anxious :s
Thanxs for your help !
rafa

edit : when launching the install procedure from the usb disk, and if i launch terminal, i can cd to High Sierra volume, and i can list files in it : everything seems in place

Last edited:
if i go to disk util from the usb disk, i notice that the high sierra disk is not bootable
20180319_152559.jpg

finally got it working by installing again high sierra, without loosing any data !
now, my previous user is no more an admin and i struggle to get admin privileges back, but that's another story

edit : booting on single user mode, then create another admin user, and finally startup a session with this new user : then go to users & groups preferences pane, change the previous user and adding it admin privileges did the trick

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back