Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo Z50-70
CPU
i7-4510U
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics
I have a Lenovo z50-70

I’ve got Sierra running fine, I’m now trying to upgrade to high Sierra but the installation keeps freezing. I’ve re read through the guides to see if I’ve missed anything. Virtualisation and graphics disabled in the bios etc. I’ve booted in verbose to see if there is anything obvious to show me what’s going wrong, but it’s all going over my head. Ive attached a photo as a start point, a genius on here may know the problem straight away to point me in the right direction before starting more thorough investigation

Attachments

• 2A62404B-5381-4C46-966F-BE5BAB0863EA.jpeg
    2A62404B-5381-4C46-966F-BE5BAB0863EA.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 61
I have a Lenovo z50-70

I’ve got Sierra running fine, I’m now trying to upgrade to high Sierra but the installation keeps freezing. I’ve re read through the guides to see if I’ve missed anything. Virtualisation and graphics disabled in the bios etc. I’ve booted in verbose to see if there is anything obvious to show me what’s going wrong, but it’s all going over my head. Ive attached a photo as a start point, a genius on here may know the problem straight away to point me in the right direction before starting more thorough investigation

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

As it is a booting issue you want a copy of the efi without themes from what I understand? I have trouble reading at times so I need help understanding

As it is a booting issue you want a copy of the efi without themes from what I understand? I have trouble reading at times so I need help understanding

No EFI/Clover attached. Not possible to find a cause for the problem without seeing what you're doing.

I hope this is what you are looking for

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    15.3 MB · Views: 67
I hope this is what you are looking for

EFI not requested. Please attach only EFI/Clover without themes (it will be much smaller than 15mb).

Probably doesn’t matter now, upgraded clover, Broadcom wifi stopped working, and now I’ve cocked it all up now trying to fix that so may as well do a fresh install and start again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back