Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Z390
CPU
i7 9900K
Graphics
Powercolor Radeon RX5700 XT
It was working perfectly without a hitch. I installed the Supplemental Update, which worked find, but during the final reboot it gets stuck now.
Previously I would boot into the low res mode due to the Nvidia Web driver not being the latest one yet, sometimes I had to boot with nv_disable=1, but this doesn't work either now.
It goes through the boot sequence quite far but then ends up in the place on the picture.
I didn't make any changes to the hardware or BIOS settings.
I tried to prepare a new USB stick, but I can't get that to boot either.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm really quite stuck at the moment.

Attachments

• 20171018_165650.jpg
    20171018_165650.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 159
nv_disable=1 and safe boot possibly will work

Had the same problem with my EVGA 1080 classified. Forgot to remove the Nvidia Web driver first. I did a complete restore from backup and removed Web driver first. There are a number of threads here with solutions. Some have removed their video cards (used HDMI on motherboard), etc with success, then removed the Web driver.

GL, GH

What's your SIP set to? (csrActiveConfig)? These gIOScreenLockState issues SEEM to stem from a bad kextcache, which can be exacerbated by enabling SIP.

Ideally set SIP disabled (csrActiveConfig 0x67 or 0x3FF) and force a kextcache rebuild.

Sadly no, it just restarts after a while.
This is a long shot, but at this stage there are hardly any great options other than a fresh reinstall [and your initial attempt with another boot disk apparently had some problem]:-

• So you may give it a try with Recovery disk boot from Clover Boot Manager screen. [See Images]

• Booting the Recovery Disk from CBM should take you to the familiar Welcome screen where you previously selected Disk Utility to start the Formatting of HDD before starting MacOS High Sierra Installation.
  • Once you reach that screen , select Reinstall MacOS .[See Image]

Attachments

• 1.CBM _Options .png
    1.CBM _Options .png
    1.7 MB · Views: 178
  • 2.Reinstall macOS from Recovery Disk .png
    2.Reinstall macOS from Recovery Disk .png
    1.6 MB · Views: 162
In the GraphicsInjector or Boot Options you need to select or type in the Nvidia Graphics option that had worked before.

Thank guys, the above looks like my problem.
I actually managed to get the installer going and did a fresh install, and boom, after installing the web driver it doesn't boot any more. I will give the suggestion in that thread a go now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back