Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello all ;)

I'm currently trying to install High Sierra on that config
Everything seemed to start good but the, during boot, it resets USB controller and ejects the KEY
Leading to a bunch of errors like : Media not present disk1s2 or something like that
any idea on the root cause ?
I know that the second screen capture is blurry (still info can be extracted I guess) but it went two fast for my smartphone. Capture d’écran 2017-12-28 à 20.35.49.jpg Capture d’écran 2017-12-28 à 20.36.30.jpg
I used basic boot switches : dart=0 nv_disable=1 -v
VT-d is disable in BIOS, xHCI Hand off enabled and Legacy USB Support enabled too.
iGPU has to be enabled, could not go "that far" with iGPU disabled
I have NO USB 2.0, all USB 3.0 or greater.
I Tried to Inject USB and Fix Ownership in config.plist
I have 32GB of RAM and All-in-One Water Cooling (should this be an issue ?)

Summary
Gygabyte Z370 Gaming 7
Intel Core i7 8700k
G.SKILL Ripjaws V 32GB
Gygabyte GeForce GTX 1060 Windforce OC 6G
Samsung 960 EVO NVMe M.2
NZXT Kraken X62
Corsair RM750i Full Mod 80+ Gold

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Started with brand new USB Key, brand new High Sierra Download and Unibeast 8.1
Goes seamless (with some error/not found messages) to installation setup but NVMe not recognized when chooing install disk for OSX

Last edited:
The Sammy EVO 960s are the post child of hackintosh compatibility. There is a bug where uninitialized drives are not initially seen. You have to like, go into Disk Utility (installer -> utilities), find the "show all devices" setting and enable it, quit and relaunch Disk Utility and the drive should show up. IIRC. Alternatively you can initialize it in another machine but that's tougher with NVMEs. (in my version of Disk Utility "show all devices" is an option under the view button)

If that's not the issue you might double check the BIOS can see the drive which would indicate any installation/hardware issue.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-12-29 at 5.40.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-12-29 at 5.40.58 PM.png
    227 KB · Views: 200
thanks for the tip
I must have missed something, If knew, I would have choosen another NVMe drive.
But, I mean disk is not visible from the "intall High sierra" screen after booting on USB key.
Btw, everyhting seems to be recognized under BIOS

You're right and indeed I did but I guess I've made a bunch of mistakes that lead to struggling and posted here.
I which I remove that post to avoid "noise on the line" :)
btw, I found nothing on GA-Z370 from pastrychef in golden builds.
I started completely fresh and finaly got High Sierra to boot but NvidiaWeb Driver was not recognizing the gtx 1060 card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back