Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte LGA1151 Intel Z170 Micro ATX DDR4 Motherboards GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5
CPU
Intel Boxed Core I5-6600K 3.50 GHz, 6 M Processor Cache 6 for LGA 1151
Graphics
Sapphire Nitro Radeon RX480
We have a hackintosh set up and just installed El Capitan on it because the usb clean install for high Sierra won't work. Thinking that we could direct update from El Capitan. After updating clover we tried to run the installer and boot but encountered the same issue using the installer as the USB. After launching the installer the boot up crashes about halfway through. I have a video of it booting in verbose mode along with multiple photos. The crash is the same as the USB. Please help because the graphics card cannot be used with El Capitan. NOTE: The El Capitan install usb worked perfectly fine while High Sierra won't. Here are the photos and video:

Sorry this one uploaded upside down:

Video Link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VaauQGr1OkUbzLeKlC5oebECqbwxLTw0/view?usp=sharing

All help will be appreciated!

HardWare:

Motherboard: Skylake H170N-WIFI

Cpu: intel i7 sandy lake

Gpu: gtx 1060 6gb (not in use but plugged into motherboard)

We have a hackintosh set up and just installed El Capitan on it because the usb clean install for high Sierra won't work. Thinking that we could direct update from El Capitan. After updating clover we tried to run the installer and boot but encountered the same issue using the installer as the USB. After launching the installer the boot up crashes about halfway through. I have a video of it booting in verbose mode along with multiple photos. The crash is the same as the USB. Please help because the graphics card cannot be used with El Capitan. NOTE: The El Capitan install usb worked perfectly fine while High Sierra won't. Here are the photos and video:

Video Link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VaauQGr1OkUbzLeKlC5oebECqbwxLTw0/view?usp=sharing

HardWare:

i have moved your post to desktop support

Video Link:

HardWare:

• You need to remove your PCIE nVidia GTX 1060 Card from the PCI Slot or at a least deprive the Video card the PCIE Power and use the Intel HD 530 IGFX for installation to get rid of that Verbose boot error you have on the Screen shot I have edited.
  • You need to enter BIOS and Change the Video options to boot IGFX through Digital ports .
  • Once you have installed the system and it is running OK, you can then install Nvidia Webdriver for your macOS Version installed from Tonymac Downloads of Nvidia Drivers. (Please read details of how to install Nvidia Graphics in High Sierra )
  • Edit the Config.plist and then reboot.
  • During reboot enter BIOS and change the Video to PCIE and DISABLE IGFX.
  • boot again in Verbose mode taking images.
  • I also believe your Wifi and BT PCIE card may have problem.
  • Read about its troubleshoot from RehabMan's postings.

Attachments

• 1.Boot crash from PCI Graphics.png
    1.Boot crash from PCI Graphics.png
    207.2 KB · Views: 401
  • You need to remove your PCIE nVidia GTX 1060 Card from the PCI Slot or at a least deprive the Video card the PCIE Power and use the Intel HD 530 IGFX for installation to get rid of that Verbose boot error you have on the Screen shot I have edited.
  • You need to enter BIOS and Change the Video options to boot IGFX through Digital ports .
  • Once you have installed the system and it is running OK, you can then install Nvidia Webdriver for your macOS Version installed from Tonymac Downloads of Nvidia Drivers. (Please read details of how to install Nvidia Graphics in High Sierra )
  • Edit the Config.plist and then reboot.
  • During reboot enter BIOS and change the Video to PCIE and DISABLE IGFX.
  • boot again in Verbose mode taking images.
  • I also believe your Wifi and BT PCIE card may have problem.
  • Read about its troubleshoot from RehabMan's postings.
Removed card and got High Sierra up and running and have wifi and bluetooth working. Many thanks, I didn't expect the card to be a problem since it didn't affect El Capitan. Now going to install card and graphics drivers. Will update.

Removed card and got High Sierra up and running and have wifi and bluetooth working. Many thanks, I didn't expect the card to be a problem since it didn't affect El Capitan. Now going to install card and graphics drivers. Will update.

Thank you for the update.
That is the strangest error I have seen and by trial and error I figured that out as due to graphics conflict and the fix for that in a couple of my systems I had encountered with PCIE card in place.

I had been advising that to folks but only a couple of people have come back to confirm it had worked.
Others never reported back to the Forum one way or the other.

If everything is fixed, please make sure to change the Title of your post with prefix [SOLVED.]
Merry Christmas:)

This was the absolute most helpful thing I have ever read:

Thank you so much, been trying to get this to work for a solid month now and I can't believe I didn't just try that in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back