RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi everyone,
I have been building hacks for quite a few years but it doesn't mean I really understand how it works on the software end.
My latest upgrade from Sierra to High Sierra 10.13.4 ended in a reboot loop which initiates right after the black screen with apple logo (just at the beginning of the bar).
I've tried a bunch of things from the forum but to no avail.
I know there are issues with Nvidia drivers but I'm unable to boot to my OS drive with any of the suggestions.
I do have a CCC backup from just before the backup, so can run my pre update version from the external drive.

My build:
GIgabyte Z170MX-Gaming 5
i7-6700K 4ghz
GTX 950
memory: 32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Board version: imac 17.1

from system report:
Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac17,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 4.01 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 8 MB
Memory: 32 GB
Boot ROM Version: IM171.0110.B00
SMC Version (system): 2.33f10
Serial Number (system): C02QMNHKH2YQ
Hardware UUID: 555A25DD-A812-5EF8-9131-1BB67126E3B8

Image of the end of my verbose boot text below.
I'm currently restoring from my ccc backup but it bugs me that I failed this install and I'm assuming it will happen again next time. SO advice appreciated.

I have had issues with the nvidia drivers and have to use AGDPfix every time I intall a new upgrade to get my monitor to work again, but this is different as it reboots at the very beginning of the sequence.
Thanks in advance for your wisdom and advice.

20180407_221646.jpg

20180407_172942.jpg

The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.
Please provide complete details of your CPU to your profile (personal details).
Image of the end of my verbose boot text below.
Kernel Panic caused by CPUSensors.kext
Try to boot into safe mode (-x) and/or without caches (-f) in Clover and remove the kext.
To boot into Safe Mode: At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Safe Mode (-x)
To boot without caches: At Clover Boot Screen select Options and add -f UseKernelCache=No to Boot Args

Try to boot into safe mode (-x) and/or without caches (-f) in Clover and remove the kext.
To boot into Safe Mode: At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Safe Mode (-x)
To boot without caches: At Clover Boot Screen select Options and add -f UseKernelCache=No to Boot Args

Thanks BreBo for your reply.
I have tried safe mode but not yet without caches. I will try booting without caches once I have run the upgrade again as I restored my system from a CCC backup.

I did notice after my initial post that my verbose screenshot says imac 14.1 whereas my system report says imac 17.1
Could that have anything to do with this issue?

In addition, to test some solutions I tried to add the NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext via multibeast
"Uses vit9696's Lilu kernel extension platform for arbitrary kext, library and program patching and lvs1974's NvidiaGraphicsFixup for Lilu to fix numerous display issues when using NVIDIA GPUs with MacPro6,1, iMac17,x and iMac18,x system definitions. Installs Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext to /Library/Extensions."

And this recreated exactly the same symptoms with my sierra build as with my high sierra upgrade.
???

Hi BreBo
I finally got things working.
Reinstalled High Sierra 10.13.4
Had the disappearing OS drive issue which I eventually sorted out.
Then had a repeat of the previous issue.
Since I had a working backup I was able to access the original OS drive.
It took me a while to understand the simple instructions and track down CPUSensors.kext in the Library/Extentions folder, but eventually got it and removed it.
Now have succeeded booting into my new high sierra.
Many thanks for the help though I do need to learn to read :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back