Contribute
Register

[Solved] High Sierra Install Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before I check your uploaded CLOVER, I want to make sure if:
  • You are trying an upgrade installation of your previous 10.12.6 with downloaded macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 to the Application folder
Or
  • You are using a High Sierra UEFI Flash disk created using a downloaded 10.13.2 High Sierra Installer file
  • and the uploaded CLOVER is from the Sierra 10.12.6 after you have already installed latest Clover on it and installed the latest Lilu kext and Nvidia Webdriver on that system and copied the Lilu.kext to CLOVER/kexts/Other and APFS.Efi to CLOVER/drivers64UEFI as per my previous post #5.
exactly ... I'm really trying to update Osx 10.12.6 to Osx 10.13.2 downloaded from AppStore and present in the Applications folder. I've also installed Lilu.kext and copied the APFS.Efi file to CLOVER / drivers64UEFI .... but it still crashes. same problem even when I try to perform a clean installation with the usb stick following the directions of the forum ... while I have no problem when I install the Osx 10.12.6 and in its daily use, not to lose the data for each clone attempt the disc . I just can not understand:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Before I check your uploaded CLOVER, I want to make sure if:
  • You are trying an upgrade installation of your previous 10.12.6 with downloaded macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 to the Application folder
Or
  • You are using a High Sierra UEFI Flash disk created using a downloaded 10.13.2 High Sierra Installer file
  • and the uploaded CLOVER is from the Sierra 10.12.6 after you have already installed latest Clover on it and installed the latest Lilu kext and Nvidia Webdriver on that system and copied the Lilu.kext to CLOVER/kexts/Other and APFS.Efi to CLOVER/drivers64UEFI as per my previous post #5.
... I did everything as described ... but today I did another test, before upgrading I put in the folder Clover / Kext / other some kext - AtherosE2200Ethernet, FakeSMC, Lilu, NullCPUPowerManagement, NvidiaGraphicsFixup and the procedure upgrade started regularly but on the second reboot during installation it crashed and I photographed the 2 screens:mad::mad::mad::banghead::banghead::banghead:
20171218_120556.jpg
20171218_120828_001.jpg

... I did everything as described ... but today I did another test, before upgrading I put in the folder Clover / Kext / other some kext - AtherosE2200Ethernet, FakeSMC, Lilu, NullCPUPowerManagement, NvidiaGraphicsFixup and the procedure upgrade started regularly but on the second reboot during installation it crashed and I photographed the 2 screens:mad::mad::mad::banghead::banghead::banghead:View attachment 300458 View attachment 300459

• In your uploaded CLOVER on #9 , the /CLOVER/kext/Other was empty. The Numbered folders ( 10.6 to 10.13) which are not necessary and should be "Sent to Trash" were also empty.[Image uploaded]
  • That can cause the error "kexted stall(0) 'AppleACPICPU' in the uploaded Verbose boot screen you had uploaded [Image uploaded]
  • There were other problems in the config.plist of that CLOVER.
  • Since you did not specify from which disk you had uploaded that CLOVER ( USB Installer or 10.12.6 System HDD) I wanted to wait for confirmation.
  • Now I know it was from your System disk with Sierra 10.12.6
  • According to your current post you seem to indicate that you have edited and corrected the missing kext problem of /CLOVER/kexts/Other.
    • but you did not share that edited CLOVER to confirm.
    • The config.plist in previous upload had problems too. [An example of a screen showing config.plist>Graphics is uploaded]
    • If you have not corrected that , that could cause additional problem.
    • I am wondering if that caused the current boot problem you are seeing.
  • Unfortunately language and time barriers between us are the biggest obstacles to provide you the timely help you need before you try out things on your own and I am unable to catch up.
Edited to add:

Can you please upload the current CBM screen shot?

• I am wondering if you have multiple icons ( usually seen in APFS Formatting of SSD) and you may be launching the wrong icon to cause the error seen on the verbose boot screen

• I can confirm that from CBM screen image uploaded to the Forum.

Attachments

• 1.:CLOVER:kexts:Other.png
    1.:CLOVER:kexts:Other.png
    19.9 KB · Views: 86
  • 1.'kextd stall AppleACPICPU'.png
    1.'kextd stall AppleACPICPU'.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 107
  • 6.Graphics.png
    6.Graphics.png
    149.6 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
  • In your uploaded CLOVER on #9 , the /CLOVER/kext/Other was empty. The Numbered folders ( 10.6 to 10.13) which are not necessary and should be "Sent to Trash" were also empty.[Image uploaded]
  • That can cause the error "kexted stall(0) 'AppleACPICPU' in the uploaded Verbose boot screen you had uploaded [Image uploaded]
  • There were other problems in the config.plist of that CLOVER.
  • Since you did not specify from which disk you had uploaded that CLOVER ( USB Installer or 10.12.6 System HDD) I wanted to wait for confirmation.
  • Now I know it was from your System disk with Sierra 10.12.6
  • According to your current post you seem to indicate that you have edited and corrected the missing kext problem of /CLOVER/kexts/Other.
    • but you did not share that edited CLOVER to confirm.
    • The config.plist in previous upload had problems too. [An example of a screen showing config.plist>Graphics is uploaded]
    • If you have not corrected that , that could cause additional problem.
    • I am wondering if that caused the current boot problem you are seeing.
  • Unfortunately language and time barriers between us are the biggest obstacles to provide you the timely help you need before you try out things on your own and I am unable to catch up.
Edited to add:

Can you please upload the current CBM screen shot?

• I am wondering if you have multiple icons ( usually seen in APFS Formatting of SSD) and you may be launching the wrong icon to cause the error seen on the verbose boot screen

• I can confirm that from CBM screen image uploaded to the Forum.
... ok I'll load the correct CLOVER and soon load the photos of CBM, thank you

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    8.1 MB · Views: 60
  • 20171218_120556.jpg
    20171218_120556.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 85
  • 20171218_184252.jpg
    20171218_184252.jpg
    7.5 MB · Views: 84
  • 20171218_184312.jpg
    20171218_184312.jpg
    7.3 MB · Views: 80
... ok I'll load the correct CLOVER and soon load the photos of CBM, thank you
  • I have edited and uploaded the images to show what I thought was causing the problem
  • From CBM screen which icon are you booting to get the Verbose Boot crash?
  • For APFS formatting of SSD add "Preboot" to Hide Volume in config.plist->Gui->Hide Volume by clicking (+) and typing "Preboot" without " "

Attachments

• 2.Graphics.png
    2.Graphics.png
    116.6 KB · Views: 111
  • 3.Rt Variables_Csr_Active_config=0x67.png
    3.Rt Variables_Csr_Active_config=0x67.png
    106.3 KB · Views: 130
  • 4.System Parameters OK for NVIDIA.png
    4.System Parameters OK for NVIDIA.png
    99.8 KB · Views: 112
  • APFS System Boot after upgrade.png
    APFS System Boot after upgrade.png
    850.8 KB · Views: 124
  • 5.Gui.png
    5.Gui.png
    89.2 KB · Views: 139
  • I have edited and uploaded the images to show what I thought was causing the problem
  • From CBM screen which icon are you booting to get the Verbose Boot crash?
  • For APFS formatting of SSD add "Preboot" to Hide Volume in config.plist->Gui->Hide Volume by clicking (+) and typing "Preboot" without " "

hello, thanks as always, I followed all your advice but without results ...the icons for booting disappeared the first time the update was restarted:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

19:40 - I did another test, I've always done the update by entering in / EFI / CLOVER / kexts / Other / only FakeSMC.kext and apfs.efi in / EFI / CLOVER / drivers64UEFI /, the result is photo 2 and the system starts only in safe mode "Kernel Panic PDF"

Attachments

• 20180109_172817.jpg
    20180109_172817.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 68
  • 20180109_195239.jpg
    20180109_195239.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 71
  • kernel panic.pdf
    23.7 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:
RESOLVED !!! - I thank those who patiently helped me. in my case it was impossible to upgrade to Osx High Sierra because a series of causes prevented its execution. I managed to perform a clean installation simply without enabling any kext.

RESOLVED !!! - I thank those who patiently helped me. in my case it was impossible to upgrade to Osx High Sierra because a series of causes prevented its execution. I managed to perform a clean installation simply without enabling any kext.
:clap:.Congrats.
I managed to perform a clean installation simply without enabling any kext.
Can you elaborate what exactly you meant when you said "without enabling any kexts" ?
Are you saying you did not install any kexts in CLOVER/kexts/Other , CLOVER/drivers64UEFI?.
Please note your post will be read by many looking for answers. To help them , make it as clear as possible to make this Forum useful to all those who read and use.

:clap:.Congrats.

Can you elaborate what exactly you meant when you said "without enabling any kexts" ?
Are you saying you did not install any kexts in CLOVER/kexts/Other , CLOVER/drivers64UEFI?.
Please note your post will be read by many looking for answers. To help them , make it as clear as possible to make this Forum useful to all those who read and use.
... not being able to update because some kext created conflict during the update (lilu - nvidia web driver - alc 1150 fix) I performed a new installation removing all the flags in clover, at this point the installation was successful. at the end I installed only nvidia web driver, alc1150, and the fixtures for the temperature sensors. Now I have only one small problem, after sleep I do not always ... kernel panic:crazy:

I have the exact same problem with you, but I have no lilu.kext in any folder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back