Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi guys, I can not install Osx High Sierra :banghead:, I thank everyone in advance for the help. I apologize for my bad english :lol:. The configuration is:MB Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H - CPU i7 4790K - 16GB Ram DDR3 - VGA Nvidia GTX960 2GB - SSG SAMSUNG 850PRO 512GB. Currently Osx Sierra 10.12.6 is installed and it works perfectly, I tried to run the update to Osx High Sierra by following the instructions but the operation is not successful, or hangs during the installation or on restart the screen remains black :beachball:. I tried to perform a clean installation but the procedure stops immediately:banghead:. can someone help me ? thank you all:wave:

Hi guys, I can not install Osx High Sierra :banghead:, I thank everyone in advance for the help. I apologize for my bad english :lol:. The configuration is:MB Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H - CPU i7 4790K - 16GB Ram DDR3 - VGA Nvidia GTX960 2GB - SSG SAMSUNG 850PRO 512GB. Currently Osx Sierra 10.12.6 is installed and it works perfectly, I tried to run the update to Osx High Sierra by following the instructions but the operation is not successful, or hangs during the installation or on restart the screen remains black :beachball:. I tried to perform a clean installation but the procedure stops immediately:banghead:. can someone help me ? thank you all:wave:

Hi guys, I can not install Osx High Sierra
  • What version of Clover is currently installed on your Sierra 10.12.6 System disk?
    • Download and launch Clover Configurator Vibrant (CCV) to check current version and update to the latest before upgrade.[See CCV screen showing "Install/Update Clover" tool use]
  • What version of macOS are you trying to install via Upgrade method on your current macOS Sierra 10.12.6 OR via a Clean install using a USB Installer?
    • For macOS 10.13.2 you need to update your Lilu.kext, WhateverGreen.kext (For Radeon) NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext (for Nvidia) and AppleAlC.kext to the latest From RehabMan's Bucket (preferably) and/or other sites by using Kext Wizard to /S/L/E and /L/E as well as /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other Folder of macOS Sierra 10.12.6 system disk (using CCV to mount the EFI partition of that System disk) [See "Mount EFI" Tool marked on uploaded image of CCV screen. Once clicked the window changes into an up and down portion with the lower section showing your Disk as "EFI on refi yourDiskName" and a button to click to its Right end: "Mount Partition" to mount EFI partition on the Desktop]
  • Always boot in Verbose mode (-v ) until you can boot without problem and without the USB installer
    • In Clover Boot Manager (CBM) screen, press Space bar once and then [√] Verbose(-v) in pop window before returning to CBM to launch the USB installer .
    • Take good photos to upload to this Forum any verbose boot screen problem for help.
    • Use [Upload a File] button next to [Reply to Thread ] below this message entry box to upload files to Tonymacx86 Forum

Attachments

• 1.Clover Version check nd Update.png
    1.Clover Version check nd Update.png
    777.8 KB · Views: 241
  • What version of Clover is currently installed on your Sierra 10.12.6 System disk?
    • Download and launch Clover Configurator Vibrant (CCV) to check current version and update to the latest before upgrade.[See CCV screen showing "Install/Update Clover" tool use]
  • What version of macOS are you trying to install via Upgrade method on your current macOS Sierra 10.12.6 OR via a Clean install using a USB Installer?
    • For macOS 10.13.2 you need to update your Lilu.kext, WhateverGreen.kext (For Radeon) NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext (for Nvidia) and AppleAlC.kext to the latest From RehabMan's Bucket (preferably) and/or other sites by using Kext Wizard to /S/L/E and /L/E as well as /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other Folder of macOS Sierra 10.12.6 system disk (using CCV to mount the EFI partition of that System disk) [See "Mount EFI" Tool marked on uploaded image of CCV screen. Once clicked the window changes into an up and down portion with the lower section showing your Disk as "EFI on refi yourDiskName" and a button to click to its Right end: "Mount Partition" to mount EFI partition on the Desktop]
  • Always boot in Verbose mode (-v ) until you can boot without problem and without the USB installer
    • In Clover Boot Manager (CBM) screen, press Space bar once and then [√] Verbose(-v) in pop window before returning to CBM to launch the USB installer .
    • Take good photos to upload to this Forum any verbose boot screen problem for help.
    • Use [Upload a File] button next to [Reply to Thread ] below this message entry box to upload files to Tonymacx86 Forum
:wave: Thank you for the help you are giving me. for update and for clean installation I'm using the latest version available to date from the Apple appstore, for the creation of the usb stick I followed to the letter the indications on the Tonymacx86 website, the version of clover that is installed is 4359. Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext ... I have to install them before updating Osx High Sierra ? thanks for your patience

Attachments

• bootlog.log.txt
    19.6 KB · Views: 282
:wave: Thank you for the help you are giving me. for update and for clean installation I'm using the latest version available to date from the Apple appstore, for the creation of the usb stick I followed to the letter the indications on the Tonymacx86 website, the version of clover that is installed is 4359. Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext ... I have to install them before updating Osx High Sierra ? thanks for your patience

• Before updating to 10.13.2., do the following to your existing 10.12.6:
    • Update NvidiaWebDriver to WebDriver-378.10.10.10.25.103.pkg
    • Update Lilu.kext to version 1.21 or higher .
    • Update apfs.efi to the latest in EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI folder . [If your system drive is already in HFS+J filesystem format, adding this WILL NOT AFFECT it adversely.]
  • I don't know why you have uploaded the bootlog from your existing system.
  • All you have to upload is pictures of verbose boot Screens to diagnose problem.
  • Anything you see as a problem in your Monitor screen, take a picture and upload for readers to help you.

• Update apfs.efi to the latest in EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI folder . [If your system drive is already in HFS+J filesystem format, adding this WILL NOT AFFECT it adversely.]
  • All you have to upload is pictures of verbose boot Screens to diagnose problem.
  • Anything you see as a problem in your Monitor screen, take a picture and upload for readers to help you.
ok proceed Thanks .... hopefully good

..... here I am again ... I followed the instructions you gave me but the update stops ... I uploaded the photo ... I hope it is clear. Thanks again
20171217_203829.jpg

..... here I am again ... I followed the instructions you gave me but the update stops ... I uploaded the photo ... I hope it is clear. Thanks againView attachment 300313

The Verbose Boot screen seems to suggest : "The Clover boot loader is finding a bad kext or does not find a kext it needs" to proceed normally and therefore stalling at the boot screen

• Please Force shut down from the above error screen using Computer's ON/OFF button and then reboot to CBM screen
  • From CBM screen, select your existing Sierra 10.12.6 icon [NOT the macOS High Sierra Installer icon which will be the first one]
  • Boot to Sierra desktop to recheck its CLOVER/kexts folder again .
    • You need to mount the EFI of Sierra System Drive on the desktop using CCV .
    • Go to EFI>EFI>CLOVER>Right- click CLOVER >Compress CLOVER>Upload to the Forum

The Verbose Boot screen seems to suggest : "The Clover boot loader is finding a bad kext or does not find a kext it needs" to proceed normally and therefore stalling at the boot screen

• Please Force shut down from the above error screen using Computer's ON/OFF button and then reboot to CBM screen
  • From CBM screen, select your existing Sierra 10.12.6 icon [NOT the macOS High Sierra Installer icon which will be the first one]
  • Boot to Sierra desktop to recheck its CLOVER/kexts folder again .
    • You need to mount the EFI of Sierra System Drive on the desktop using CCV .
    • Go to EFI>EFI>CLOVER>Right- click CLOVER >Compress CLOVER>Upload to the Forum
Hello again, I did as you said and I created the zip. I hope I do not give you too much trouble

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    8.1 MB · Views: 66
Hello again, I did as you said and I created the zip. I hope I do not give you too much trouble
Before I check your uploaded CLOVER, I want to make sure if:
  • You are trying an upgrade installation of your previous 10.12.6 with downloaded macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 to the Application folder
Or
  • You are using a High Sierra UEFI Flash disk created using a downloaded 10.13.2 High Sierra Installer file
  • and the uploaded CLOVER is from the Sierra 10.12.6 after you have already installed latest Clover on it and installed the latest Lilu kext and Nvidia Webdriver on that system and copied the Lilu.kext to CLOVER/kexts/Other and APFS.Efi to CLOVER/drivers64UEFI as per my previous post #5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back