Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z270N-WIFI
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
RX 560
I'm working on my first Hackintosh, but I've gotten a little stuck. When I load the High Sierra installation from Unibeast, it just stops at the Apple logo. I tried re-installing Unibeast using another USB drive, but the problem still exists. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Gigabyte GA-Z270N-WIFI
Core i7-7700K
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB
Ballistix Sport LT 16GB Kit (8GBx2) DDR4 2400 MT/s

Attachments

• IMG_3808.JPG
    IMG_3808.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 2,533
  • IMG_3807.JPG
    IMG_3807.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 2,503
Frustrating. I don't see anything in the -v that stands out. Maybe someone else will.

You could check in the High Sierra Desktop Guides subforum for similar hardware. I see several GA Z2xx posts you could look at to make sure you're making the right BIOS tweaks and building the USB stick with the right settings/kexts/drivers64UEFI efis to reach the installer UI.

But let me just ask, how long did you wait before giving up? Without an obvious error in the -v, all I know is that the installer started and may have just been taking a long time? Keep in mind you are probably booting off the USB which is orders of magnitude slower than any disk. You should expect to wait 10 minutes or more for the UI to show up. 20 minutes sounds excessive.

Feel free to upload your EFI minus themes, zipped, so we can take a look.

I'm working on my first Hackintosh, but I've gotten a little stuck. When I load the High Sierra installation from Unibeast, it just stops at the Apple logo. I tried re-installing Unibeast using another USB drive, but the problem still exists. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Chances are the "USB Ownership" option is not enabled in Clover. Before you load the OS, Options--->PCI Devices--->USB Ownership
You will have to configure this within the OS too with Clover Configurator. Good luck!

Gigabyte GA-Z270N-WIFI
Core i7-7700K
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB
Ballistix Sport LT 16GB Kit (8GBx2) DDR4 2400 MT/s

This worked! Thank you everyone for the help.

Now... My hard-drive is not showing-up. Ha! It shows up in the BIOS, and I have AHCI enabled. So figuring out that one now.

I am also getting stuck at the logo just like with the MultiBeast 9.2.1 attempts. This is getting tiresome.

Edit: Installed a GT 610 just to see if that works better than just the integrated but it still hangs at the logo.

Last edited:
@backlyt, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

nothing works for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back