Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] High Sierra does not read kext-files from /L/E after system crash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUSTEK P7P55D
CPU
Intel® Core™ i7 860 @ 2.80GHz × 8 (4 core)
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 1050
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
High Sierra 10.13.4 (same problem before update at 10.13.3)

I have following installed to /Library/Extensions:

AUDIO:
via KextBeast
-VoodooHDA.kext (VT1828S-2.7.4 for my motherboard)
-AppleHDADisabler.kext (From same .zip-package)

NETWORK:
via Multibeast:
-RealtekRTL8111.kext (RealtekRTL8111 v2.2.1)

But they do not work anymore after system crash.

And yes, files are created to those folders, but nothing seems to work.

Both audio and network worked before (almost) perfectly with these files, BUT after one sudden system crash, I got no audio, and no network. When crash happened, system power just went off for some reason, and os rebooted. Have had this kind of crash before also couple of times in last 2 weeks I have been running this, but this problem is new.

Only way I can get audio + network to work is to put these 3 kexts to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/other

But there lies a problem, the audio is now crackling all the time (missing millisecond parts from between and crackling sounds). BUT it mostly concerns only 5.1 audio at any kHz (analog output), and NOT so much stereo output at 44.1 kHz (analog output). It gets worse when I raise the kHz.

I think that something other in that /L/E is not read also, and this is why I can not get audio to work perfectly.

Does not matter If I install kexts to /S/L/E, does not work either.

Could it be that folder permissions, or executable-bit (or something like that) has gone haywire, and should be set back to original state? And how?

I also do not have DSDT-file, do not know does that have anything to do with this. Do not know how to make/install one for my setup (MB: Asus P7P55D + High Sierra). Also power saving does not work, I think that is because of missing DSDT.

Nevermind, I got it to work!

Seems I had to modify following setting:
Clover Configurator: EFI/CLOVER/config.plist, Rt Variables —> CsrActiveConfig
It was set to 0x00, I set it back to 0x67, booted, removed these 3 kexts from EFI/CLOVER/kexts, then reinstalled kexts with KextBeast from desktop, and now everything works! :3

Nevermind, I got it to work!

Seems I had to modify following setting:
Clover Configurator: EFI/CLOVER/config.plist, Rt Variables —> CsrActiveConfig
It was set to 0x00, I set it back to 0x67, booted, removed these 3 kexts from EFI/CLOVER/kexts, then reinstalled kexts with KextBeast from desktop, and now everything works! :3

This fixed my sound issues too. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back