CPU
I7-7700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello All, I could use some help. I've gone through this entire thread but so far no luck. I updated Clover to the latest build made sure to have the new .efi (ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi,AptioMemoryFix-64.efi) installed although I still have AptioMemoryfix.efi and EmuvariableUefi-64.efi in the Drivers64Uefi folder. I have tried updating with both the regular and combo update, and, in both cases, what happen is the computer restarts; I get the Apple logo over black screen with progress bar and the text indicating update. Then, it restarts again. I select boot macOS Install from (MYHD), and I get the Apple logo with progress bar again that goes about 80% full. But, then never progresses beyond that. Ihave left it for hours. If I restart I still see the boot macOS Install from MYHD, but I can also just boot MACOS from MYHD and that brings me back to the OS, still running 10.13.5. Any suggestions?

rKsMbn9
It just hangs on this screen
Duu7DeZ.jpg

I get the Apple logo over black screen with progress bar and the text indicating update. Then, it restarts again. I select boot macOS Install from (MYHD), and I get the Apple logo with progress bar again that goes about 80% full. But, then never progresses beyond that.
Boot your system in Verbose Mode and post a picture of your screen when it freezes/hangs.
At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Verbose (-v) and Don't reboot on panic (debug=0x100).

Still having trouble with this if anyone could help.

UPDATE: SOLVED

Basically it was a combination of realizing that i was getting the kextd stall APPLEACPICPU and that my original update had failed so I followed this https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-macos-could-not-be-installed.256190/ to clean out the crud and then when I rebooted in verbose mode I disable the graphics card option so it would use VESA and that worked.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back