Contribute
Register

[Solved] High Sierra 10.13.4 clean install

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am experiencing same issue, I get to Installer but says "Reinstall macOS" and get the error message "The recovery server could not be contacted."
Make sure your machine in connected to the internet, via a compatible WiFi card or Ethernet.

To enable Ethernet, put the kext for your network interface into /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other on the EFI partition of your USB installer or boot disk.

Launch Terminal and type:
Code:
ntpdate -u time.apple.com
If you receive "operation not permitted" put sudo in front of the command.
Code:
sudo ntpdate -u time.apple.com
Proceed normally.

I followed every step including the workarounds but I get to "Reinstall macOS" and get the error message "The recovery server could not be contacted." What can I do?
If you have the ethernet kext on the installation disk and the PC is connected to the internet via ethernet, at that point the installer will re-download the installation files from the recovery server, instead of using the ones already on the drive, it can take more then an hour, on a slow connection, but it works. It is really inconvenient but, until Clover gets updated, there is nothing we can do.

I have installed the latest daily build of Clover from the link BreBo provided, it worked, the issue was solved a few days ago. If you want to have fully working installation pen drive, including offline, follow this guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...h-sierra-public-beta-installation-usb.225520/ , then get the latest Clover build from the link given by BreBo https://github.com/Dids/clover-builder/releases and install it over the existing one on pen drive.
One of those daily builds can be included into Unibeast 8.3 .

Last edited:
Thanks @Vyzantion! Is there a way to install the latest Clover Bootloader and keep the theme? Every time I install new Clover, the theme changes to something that looks incomplete. Thank you so much for the help!

Thanks @Vyzantion! Is there a way to install the latest Clover Bootloader and keep the theme? Every time I install new Clover, the theme changes to something that looks incomplete. Thank you so much for the help!
BreBo is the one who you should thank, not me, he showed us the link to the daily Clover builds. Regarding the theme, I do not know. I tend to install from Multibeast or some custom way and, after all the configuration is require, I re-install Clover over all with the latest version, and the theme gets a reset to default. Themes had their glitches in Clover for some time, I would not try to handle them too much, I have posted on the Sourceforge account of Clover about this, I have not got too much attention on this particular issue (but on others issues I have got their feedback). If you want, you can post there.
The daily build is not stable, the Clover developers probably have their reason for not realeasing one of them as stable builds. If you have time and nerve to make a clean install from the pen drive with this daily build, please let us know how it went.

• If you Mount the EFI folder of the disk in question with an EFI mounter cum editor like Clover Configurator (Vibrant Edition), you can click open from the desktop, EFI>EFI>CLOVER>Themes folder. (See image for mounting EFI of System Disk)
  • All themes are inside that "themes" . If you like a certain Theme from your previous setup and you can find that inside "themes" folder, in a Blue sub-Folder, you can keep that. There may be other Blue Folders with other themes that you may not like to keep. Right click and SendToTrash the ones you don't like. Now the themes folder has only one theme to choose from a blue sub folder. Don't delete other files there , only unwanted blue folders.
  • Another way of saying that is to copy the theme sub-folder one you like from the themes folder and Save it on a Flash disk or even uploaded to your email for safe keeping. You can then copy and paste it to this CLOVER/themes folder whenever you want.
  • Whenever you create a new installation on the System Disk, Mount EFI>CLOVER>themes and copy and paste your favorite theme and delete the rest. [I have deleted all but "YosemiteLogin" as shown in the image]
  • Next , you open config.plist (EFI>CLOVER>config.plist) with CCV.
  • Go to the menu list on its LEFT Panel and scroll down to Gui menu [See image]
  • In Gui menu go to> the box named "Theme" [See image of Yosemite Login in Theme]
  • If what you see there is not what you want, delete and type in the name of your favorite Theme you had saved in EFI/CLOVER/ themes folder in that box.
  • Next , scroll down on the Left Panel to the TOOLS section and find and click on "Themes Editor" [See image]
  • From the Right panel locate "Load Themes/Partitions" toward bottom Right and you will now see your "Theme" Popping up toward Left mid section . [See image]
  • Click "Save Theme" button near Bottom Right
  • Once that is done go to bottom of TOOLS bar on left panel and find the 2nd Arrow at the bottom and click to find the Save As .. dialog box to Save the edited config.plist.[See Image]

Attachments

• 1.Mount EFI.png
    1.Mount EFI.png
    173.9 KB · Views: 302
  • 2.CLOVER:Themes _Save Favorite Theme.png
    2.CLOVER:Themes _Save Favorite Theme.png
    21.4 KB · Views: 269
  • 3.Gui_Theme.png
    3.Gui_Theme.png
    249.9 KB · Views: 257
  • 4.Themes Editor>Load and Save Theme.png
    4.Themes Editor>Load and Save Theme.png
    293.6 KB · Views: 252
Hey all! I'm trying to do a clean install of 10.13.4 with Unibeast 8.2 and after booting from the USB stick and selecting "Boot macOS from Install macOS High Sierra" i'm greeted with the prohibitory Stop Symbol. I booted in Verbose mode and here's the last thing I see before the symbol appears and the text becomes garbled. I think it says "Still waiting for root device" under the garbled mess once the symbol comes up.

Any Advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

image1.JPG

Hey all! I'm trying to do a clean install of 10.13.4 with Unibeast 8.2 and after booting from the USB stick and selecting "Boot macOS from Install macOS High Sierra" i'm greeted with the prohibitory Stop Symbol. I booted in Verbose mode and here's the last thing I see before the symbol appears and the text becomes garbled. I think it says "Still waiting for root device" under the garbled mess once the symbol comes up.

Any Advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

image1.JPG
Make sure you have installed on HFS+, not APFS. If possible, format the partition like this: Erase it with MBR and Fat, then re-erase it as GPT and HFS+. This does not work if you have other paRTitions and OSs (Windows, Linux) on the hard drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back