Motherboard
Asus P5P41TED
CPU
E8500
Graphics
GeForce 6200
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
Thoose of us Who tried re-creating the installation drive using Unibeast 8.2 experiences some issues. MacMan gave us an answer, to delete some files using Terminal, in order to complete the instalation drive, we have it here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/unibeast-8-2-and-macos-10-13-4-workaround.249081/
I would like to make a clean install of High Sierra 10.13.4 , there may be issues certain issues:
1) On the first boot, before install is completed, Clover may not see the Install from Macintosh HD. In this case, I assume we need to boot the instalation drive and run in Terminal something like ”rm -f /Volumes/Install\ from\ Macintosh\ HD/.IAPhysicalMedia”
2) The installation goes fine, but after installing Clover and essential kext, the OS is not able to boot on its own, so a command like ”rm -f /Volumes/Macintosh HD/.IAPhysicalMedia would be required.
So, I would like to ask MacMan, please tell us if either one or both the scenarios are valid and, if so, what is the correct Terminal command. Thank you.

Thoose of us Who tried re-creating the installation drive using Unibeast 8.2 experiences some issues. MacMan gave us an answer, to delete some files using Terminal, in order to complete the instalation drive, we have it here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/unibeast-8-2-and-macos-10-13-4-workaround.249081/
I would like to make a clean install of High Sierra 10.13.4 , there may be issues certain issues:
1) On the first boot, before install is completed, Clover may not see the Install from Macintosh HD. In this case, I assume we need to boot the instalation drive and run in Terminal something like ”rm -f /Volumes/Install\ from\ Macintosh\ HD/.IAPhysicalMedia”
2) The installation goes fine, but after installing Clover and essential kext, the OS is not able to boot on its own, so a command like ”rm -f /Volumes/Macintosh HD/.IAPhysicalMedia would be required.
So, I would like to ask MacMan, please tell us if either one or both the scenarios are valid and, if so, what is the correct Terminal command. Thank you.
Performed a fresh install. The pen drives acts like a Recovery partition, instead of using the installer from the drive, it downloads it from Apple all over, so an ethernet connection was needed. Besides that, it seems to have worked like before. I guess IAPhysicalMedia has the role of re-directing the installation to the source on the pen drive, not the recovery server. Although probably it is not the case, if this is the new policy of Apple, that any install to be directed from online sources, it would be inconvenient.

Although probably it is not the case, if this is the new policy of Apple, that any install to be directed from online sources, it would be inconvenient
I created a 10.13.4 installer on a mac using createinstallmedia, .IAPhysicalMedia is present and it boots with the local files. Clover might need an update.

Probably some things changed in 10.13.4 and the Clover developers are working to re-vamp the boot loader. For a time those days, development of Clover seemed stalled on Sourceforge, but in other similar platforms forks of it are being developed, one of them is by RehabMan, on GitHub. I have posted about it on this board. If Slice gives up on Clover, RehabMan and others will, most likely, continue it. Clover and FakeSMC probably both need an update.

If Slice gives up on Clover, RehabMan and others will, most likely, continue it. Clover and FakeSMC probably both need an update
I think there is also work on Clover 3 being done so you might see less activity on 2 at those times.

Clover might need an update.
If Slice gives up on Clover, RehabMan and others will, most likely, continue it. Clover and FakeSMC probably both need an update
Nobody is giving up on Clover!

Clover r4420 - cleanup and fix 10.13.4 USB installer issue and OS version detection issue
See https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/code/commit_browser

You can download automated daily Clover builds from https://github.com/Dids/clover-builder/releases

So, the Unibeast 8.2 issue is, actually, a Clover issue?

I am experiencing same issue, I get to Installer but says "Reinstall macOS" and get the error message "The recovery server could not be contacted." I am doing this on a fresh SSD with no previous data...very strange. I think it has to do with Clover. How to compile latest Clover from GitHub?

I followed every step including the workarounds but I get to "Reinstall macOS" and get the error message "The recovery server could not be contacted." What can I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back