Contribute
Register

[Solved] High Sierra 10.13.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

T16

Motherboard
Asus B85M> Need full model name > See Rules!
CPU
i5-4590
Graphics
GT 710
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I just recently installed 10.13.1 with the SSD set up as HFS. I tried running an update on 10.13.1 but it really messed up my computer. Am I missing anything by not updating 10.13.1, or should I just revert back to Sierra. I am a new at this but appreciate any input. Thanks!

I just recently installed 10.13.1 with the SSD set up as HFS. I tried running an update on 10.13.1 but it really messed up my computer. Am I missing anything by not updating 10.13.1, or should I just revert back to Sierra. I am a new at this but appreciate any input. Thanks!
I just recently installed 10.13.1 with the SSD set up as HFS
Was it booting OK and functioning normally as an Operating system?
I tried running an update on 10.13.1 but it really messed up my computer.

• Please explain in detail with uploaded screen shots to support your assertion that your attempt to upgrade to version 10.13.1 "really messed up the computer".

• Without knowing what happened and without seeing the screen images of what you saw for you to consider the upgrade caused the system to get "messed up" , I don't think anyone can diagnose the problem or offer any kind of troubleshoot or give any kind of prognosis and advice whether you should revert to your Sierra and how to do that.
  • For anybody who has difficulty to explain the computer symptoms in a Forum to make readers understand the problem, taking photos of what was seen on the Computer screen and uploading that along with a few words of explanation is the best way to get help.
  • All anyone reading your post can understand is the hardware you have shown in your profile Asus B85M Intel Core I-5 4590 and Nvidia GT 730 probably had macOS Sierra on its SSD. When you tried to upgrade it to 13.1 with HFS+J you had some problem.
  • Your current questions is whether you missed something? The answer is very straight forward, you would have missed to do something or did something that should not be done to cause the problem you had experienced.
  • The second question you are posing is whether you should go back to macOS Sierra. Only person who can answer that question with certainty is you.
  • If your question is whether your hardware listed is compatible with macOS High Sierra installation , the answer is a BIG YES.

Thanks for your reply. When running 10.13.1 everything worked. But after doing the update to 10.13.1 my system was never able to completely boot. It would go to Clover and then the Apple screen. After that screen goes dark and nothing else. Is there any reason to run updates on 10.13.1 that would benefit my system??

Thanks for your reply. When running 10.13.1 everything worked. But after doing the update to 10.13.1 my system was never able to completely boot. It would go to Clover and then the Apple screen. After that screen goes dark and nothing else. Is there any reason to run updates on 10.13.1 that would benefit my system??

It is a recommended update.

Updated clover, Lilu, AppleALC, and Nvidagraphicsfix. Also, inserted the value 0xe907f537 in the SM BIOS under firmware in Clover. All is good now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back