Contribute
Register

{SOLVED} Help with New SIERRA Installation on non-uefi system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Thanks in advance.

I tried a fresh install of SIERRA on my Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 system. But have failed using MULTIBEAST for SIERRA. I am able to load SIERRA from my hard drive only if I first boot with the USB thumb drive created by UNIBEAST.

I have been running EL CAPITAN with clover succesfully. But, when I installed EL CAPITAN, mulitbeast was not out yet, so I used STEP 6: Alternate Post-Installation and when Installing CLOVER, I had the following choices:

The Clover installers will install Clover in UEFI Boot Mode or Legacy Boot Mode.

Clover_v2.3k_r3320-UEFI.pkg
Clover_v2.3k_r3320-Legacy.pkg
Clover_v2.3k_r3320-Legacy-Root.pkg
Using the Legacy-Root.pkg, I was able to successfully install EL CAPITAN.

Is there an equivalent to this in MULTIBEAST for SIERRA? IF not, and I want to install clover directly from the clover installer, what are the settings the Legacy_Root.pkg used?

How did you solve your problem? I have a similar mobo. I tried clover but I get stalled at "PCI configuration begin". Any suggestions? Thanks.

Thanks in advance.

I tried a fresh install of SIERRA on my Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 system. But have failed using MULTIBEAST for SIERRA. I am able to load SIERRA from my hard drive only if I first boot with the USB thumb drive created by UNIBEAST.

I have been running EL CAPITAN with clover succesfully. But, when I installed EL CAPITAN, mulitbeast was not out yet, so I used STEP 6: Alternate Post-Installation and when Installing CLOVER, I had the following choices:

The Clover installers will install Clover in UEFI Boot Mode or Legacy Boot Mode.

Clover_v2.3k_r3320-UEFI.pkg
Clover_v2.3k_r3320-Legacy.pkg
Clover_v2.3k_r3320-Legacy-Root.pkg
Using the Legacy-Root.pkg, I was able to successfully install EL CAPITAN.

Is there an equivalent to this in MULTIBEAST for SIERRA? IF not, and I want to install clover directly from the clover installer, what are the settings the Legacy_Root.pkg used?

Default Clover install is Legacy root. Just look at the options:
UEFI only
install in ESP

as long as these two are not checked the Clover folder is installed in root.
If ESP is checked, but UEFI only is not checked, then you get Legacy mode boot, but the Clover folder is installed in the EFI partition instead of in root - this is what the Legacy option in MultiBeast will give you.

Thank you, I should have updated my thread to SOLVED using the settings below, I was able to perform a fresh installation of Sierra.

I used this guide that was for written to install clover for Yosemite
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-install-os-x-yosemite-using-clover.144426/

Skip to step 4....and try the Clover settings for (Custom Install: BIOS-Only Systems)

STEP 4: Post-Installation
At this point, the easiest way to proceed is to install the bootloader, grab backups from the root of your USB drive, and copy the files that worked directly to the system drive's EFI partition. However, getting post-installation 100% right for your system is something that needs to be done on a case by case basis. No single Clover setup will work perfectly for every system.

1. Download the latest version of Clover from sourceforge
2. Install Clover to Yosemite with the following Custom settings:
79155-d91c48ad8fb01fe5feaaf820a831e8cc.jpg

These settings will install the bootloader to the system drive's EFI partition automatically as part of the scripting. After completion, the system drive's EFI partition will automatically mount.

Could we have a few more details about what settings you used for the clover install? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back