Contribute
Register

[solved] Help With Booting OS X after install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help With Booting OS X after install

I follow those instructions and got the installer booted like before. I installed OS X and then rebooted to the USB flash drive where instead of selecting "Install" I selected the volume "Yosemite". Everything seems to go fine in verbose mode then once its done and about to show the welcome screen the screen flashes white, then turns black with the backlight still on. I can not think of any other boot flags to try.

I follow those instructions and got the installer booted like before. I installed OS X and then rebooted to the USB flash drive where instead of selecting "Install" I selected the volume "Yosemite". Everything seems to go fine in verbose mode then once its done and about to show the welcome screen the screen flashes white, then turns black with the backlight still on. I can not think of any other boot flags to try.

Did you remove the Intel graphics kexts?

Did you remove the Intel graphics kexts?

From the install flash drive or the OS after its installed? I removed them from the unibeast USB but can't boot into the OS to remove them from there.

From the install flash drive or the OS after its installed? I removed them from the unibeast USB but can't boot into the OS to remove them from there.

If you removed them from the USB, they will also not be present on the HDD (at least the ones you removed). You can always remove them using Terminal from the OS X installer if you think there is an issue with the OS X installer still placing them on your HDD.

If you removed them from the USB, they will also not be present on the HDD (at least the ones you removed). You can always remove them using Terminal from the OS X installer if you think there is an issue with the OS X installer still placing them on your HDD.

I'm not sure weather or not they were put on the HDD even though I removed them from the USB installer? Is there anyway for me to check? Also, I tried installing Mavericks rather than Yosemite to see if it was just a kext incompatibility with Yosemite but I still get the all the way through loading the OS and finally a flash of white followed by a black screen.

Oddly enough, when I boot with GraphicsEnabler=No it hangs but my caps lock key works. Does that mean that the OS is actually booting its just not displaying it on the screen? And same for when I boot safemode, it hangs but the caps lock key works

I'm not sure weather or not they were put on the HDD even though I removed them from the USB installer? Is there anyway for me to check?

Look at the contents of /System/Library/Extensions on the HDD.

How would I do that if I can't access the HDD since I can't boot into the OS? I tried doing it from windows using Paragon HFS+ but it said the drive is unreadable. It reads my unibeast USB just fine which is odd because it is Mac OS X Extended Journaled as well.

How would I do that if I can't access the HDD since I can't boot into the OS? I tried doing it from windows using Paragon HFS+ but it said the drive is unreadable. It reads my unibeast USB just fine which is odd because it is Mac OS X Extended Journaled as well.

You could remove the HDD and connect it to another computer.

Or you can look at it via Terminal within the OS X installer.

I was able to figure out the problem. I needed to boot with npci=0x2000. Now it's working with full QE/CI. Thanks for all your help though!

I was able to figure out the problem. I needed to boot with npci=0x2000. Now it's working with full QE/CI. Thanks for all your help though!

Weird that you didn't need it during installation.. maybe different settings in your org.chameleon.Boot.plist that were overlooked.

Marked as solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back