ASUS Z170 Pro
CPU
i7-6700
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Hey guys!

Need a bit of advise about post installation.

So after I install Sierra to my chosen SSD using the unibeast USB and when I have finished running Multibeast and restart and boot from the SSD without the installer USB connected it almost always loads only 60% on the white Apple Logo screen. Am I doing something wrong?

I want to be able to boot it without the USB!

Is there something I need to do post installation with Boot Priority?

Thank you for replying. This is my first build!

Can I ask how you do that precisely? On my Installer USB where do I make sure I've got the right EFI and where do I get that EFI from.

Can you perhaps talk me through the process from when you get Sierra installed on the SSD you erased before doing Multibeast? And then what I have to do EFI wise?

I've followed the Sierra installer guide on here but I'm just stuck on this last point. I might be doing something wrong on Multibeast?

Last edited:
Boot from your USB and when you get to the desktop download and run EFI Mounter and mount the EFI partition of your USB.
Copy the entire /EFI folder from the EFI partition of your USB to the desktop.
Eject the USB.
Run EFI Mounter again and mount the EFI partition of your SSD.
Delete the entire /EFI folder from the EFI partition of your SSD.
Copy the /EFI folder from your desktop to the EFI partition of your SSD.
Restart
You should now be able to boot from your SSD in the same way that you could previously boot from your USB.

Thanks brother!

I'll be trying this this eve!

Fingers crossed I don't run into any problems!

Hey PILGRIM,

So I did what you said and amazingly it booted without the USB.

BUT..... When I then restarted and booted from SSD I then ran Multibeast for making sure my audio/graphics stuff was working for my system ETC.

I then restarted and tried booting from the SSD again and then again it Did not boot it just loaded on the aplle screen about 60% same as before I sorted out the EFI replacement. Could I be perhaps messing up what I did with the EFI replacement when running Multibeast? Should I run multibeast before the EFI replacement just in case it is changing any of the bootloaders?

So I did what you said and amazingly it booted without the USB.
Not so amazing really, if it boots from the USB it should boot from the SSD too when you use the same details.

BUT..... When I then restarted and booted from SSD I then ran Multibeast for making sure my audio/graphics stuff was working for my system ETC.
There is no need to make all of the same selections as previously when you run MultiBeast. For example if you want to change audio settings just select the one item that you want to change.

Should I run multibeast before the EFI replacement just in case it is changing any of the bootloaders?
There is only one boot loader and that is Clover which you copied from your USB, why would you change it when it is working ?

Okay. I understand. Thanks

So just to check.

1.) Im Installing Sierra to SSD from installer on my Unibeast USB.
2.) Booting from SSD and running Multibeast. (any particular settings I shoudl avoid?)
3.) After Im mounting the EFI from my USB and copying the EFI folder.
4.) Mount EFI from SSD and delete the EFI folder from the mounted SSD EFI.
5.) Paste copied EFI from USB to replace SSD EFI.

1.) Im Installing Sierra to SSD from installer on my Unibeast USB.
Yes, If you are starting again from scratch.
2.) Booting from SSD and running Multibeast. (any particular settings I should avoid?)
Do not install anything that you are not sure about. Less is more, you can always come back and run it again to install a specific feature. At this stage there is no real need to run MultiBeast at all.
3.) After Im mounting the EFI from my USB and copying the EFI folder.
Yes
4.) Mount EFI from SSD and delete the EFI folder from the mounted SSD EFI.
Yes
5.) Paste copied EFI from USB to replace SSD EFI.
Yes

Great all done and working.

The only thing Im noticing is that my Graphics displays "Intel HD Graphics 7000 6mb" instead of 530 as Im using an Intel i7 6700 with integrated 530 graphics. Does it even matter what its displaying as?

Can I change this without using multibeast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back