Asus X756U
CPU
i7 7500U
Graphics
GTX 920MX
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi guys,

I have managed to install macOS Sierra 10.12.2. The installation went successful thanks to Rehabman's laptop config.plist for Intel HD620. I need your help regarding the following:
  1. I have installed Nvidia Web Driver for My GeForce 920MX, the system and the driver detects the card but I cant use it, when I set the graphics card in the Nvidia panel, it asks me to reboot and after rebooting the system it everts back to HD620.
  2. I have installed the patched kexts for Atheros AR956X Wifi/Bluetooth, it makes the OS detects the card but no network detected or bluetooth devices detected (I have reset my network preferences with deleting all the network interfaces from System Preferences and deleted the related files in Library then restart but no success).
  3. No Sound at all even with VoodooHDA
  4. No trackpad (VoodooPS2 installed)
  5. No battery percentage
  6. No FN keys (brightness)

I'm not a complete noob (I used to install OSX on desktop PC with complete success since Lion) but this time i got serious problems I can't solve alone and I need the kind help of the community.

Thanks.

PS: My Laptop Config is listed in my sig :D

Screenshot 2017-12-11 16.18.55.png Screenshot 2017-12-11 16.19.15.png Screenshot 2017-12-11 16.19.38.png Screenshot 2017-12-11 16.19.43.png Screenshot 2017-12-11 16.19.51.png Screenshot 2017-12-11 16.20.26.png

Hi guys,

I have managed to install macOS Sierra 10.12.2. The installation went successful thanks to Rehabman's laptop config.plist for Intel HD620. I need your help regarding the following:
  1. I have installed Nvidia Web Driver for My GeForce 920MX, the system and the driver detects the card but I cant use it, when I set the graphics card in the Nvidia panel, it asks me to reboot and after rebooting the system it everts back to HD620.
  2. I have installed the patched kexts for Atheros AR956X Wifi/Bluetooth, it makes the OS detects the card but no network detected or bluetooth devices detected (I have reset my network preferences with deleting all the network interfaces from System Preferences and deleted the related files in Library then restart but no success).
  5. No battery percentage

I'm not a complete noob (I used to install OSX on desktop PC with complete success since Lion) but this time i got serious problems I can't solve alone and I need the kind help of the community.

Thanks.

View attachment 298836 View attachment 298837 View attachment 298838 View attachment 298839 View attachment 298840 View attachment 298841
you possibly have "optimus" as such, only your intel graphics will work, you may have to disable the nvidia card:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Hi guys,

5. No battery percentage

Thanks.

View attachment 298836 View attachment 298837 View attachment 298838 View attachment 298839 View attachment 298840 View attachment 298841

Most of your questions/issues are covered in the FAQ.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

@feartech & @RehabMan : Thanks for your quick reply, but I have already gone through the FAQ :D
For example: for the trackpad, I have followed the instructions as mentioned here but no success.
@feartech : The Nvidia card is not a priority as the Intel is doing fine with the apps I'm using :)

I'll give it a try, but do I need to remove the PS2 kexts before proceeding?
For the Wifi/BT, any chance? Because I'm seeing people have solved it with just the patched kexts!

Thanks again for your kind help :)

Your keyboard is likely PS2.

For the Wifi/BT, any chance? Because I'm seeing people have solved it with just the patched kexts!

The FAQ has recommended WiFI/BT hardware.

Thanks again for your kind help :)
keep the PS2 kexts so you can still use your keyboard :)

most Asus laptops have intel wireless cards with bluetooth (although the bluetooth sometimes works OOB) intel wifi cards are not support on mac and will need to be replaced with compatible hardware

I've managed to get a workaround about the wifi by using a TPLink wifi dongle (TL-WN725N to be precise, I know it is not the best solution but it is a workaround :D ), no need for the trackpad as I got a new wireless mouse with a dongle.
I have also re-tried the guides for the audio but no success (uninstalled VoodooHDA and installed the patched AppleHDA in the EFI partition, the guide was quite not clear), also the touchpad fix did not worked. My main issue now the sound :D

I've managed to get a workaround about the wifi by using a TPLink wifi dongle (TL-WN725N to be precise, I know it is not the best solution but it is a workaround :D ), no need for the trackpad as I got a new wireless mouse with a dongle.
I have also re-tried the guides for the audio but no success (uninstalled VoodooHDA and installed the patched AppleHDA in the EFI partition, the guide was quite not clear), also the touchpad fix did not worked. My main issue now the sound :D

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
Use the tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back