Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Help! - gigabyte ga-z77x-ud5h -NO POWER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replaced battery and it worked for me too! thnx!
Currently in the same situation.

Just ordered some replacement batteries from eBay, hope they fix the issue.

Changed the PSU and that didn't fix anything.

Well I ordered some new batteries but they haven't arrived yet.

So I took another battery from a working PC and put it in the Gigabyte board and it still doesn't work.

So I think I will have to take it back under warranty.

Batteries arrived and put them in, motherboard powered up first time.

Took longer to revive the hackintosh because I had to setup the BIOS and then figure out my custom DSDT was causing the hackintosh to kernel panic at boot time.

But it's working again!

Could be that you needed to reset CMOS, i had the same issue (no power, flash of motherboard button light) and emailed gigabyte this is their reply,

Dear Sir,

Please try to reset the CMOS -
1) Disconnect the power cord from the power supply. Remove the CMOS battery (the flat silver disk) from the motherboard using a srew drive or similar implement. Leave it out for a minute or two, then replace it and power on the system. The BIOS settings should have been reset, allowing the computer to boot.
2) Go into the BIOS - “Load optimized default”
3) Save settings and exit.

this seems to of fix the problem my pc is up and running again

First time poster and built my mackintosh yesterday, its the CustoMac mATX as i'm on a budget, i had problems from the start with no power total but, for some reason after 10 minutes it booted in and was ok for quite a few hours as i was reading most of this forum through it, i only had a glitchy graphics problem, anyway i decided to switch it off after doing all what was needed for updates and so on.

Sadly as you can tell as i'm posting in this thread, i had no power at all when i went to switch it back on and thats why i found this thread, i did the battery thing and nope no difference but thanks to those who posted it as a possibility. i'm praying its not the CPU and is either the power supply or at worst the motherboard, rather than buy either of these on the off chance i decided to buy a couple of testers first,
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00ALP7AAC/ref=pe_385721_37986871_TE_item for the main power supply to rule that out and ordered this for the motherboard http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B005J1SUIO/?tag=tonymacx86-21 at least i know the cause and a damn sight cheaper than buying new parts on speculation that you picked the right one.

I'd like to thank all who post information here as it does help newbies like me to understand things a little better
:)

I feel the need to share my odd story.
-------------------------------------------
After installing Mavericks. The next day I got a text that computer would not turn on. At first, I thought it was the PSU. This was not the case after purchasing and replacing and getting no response.

After finding the CMOS button not even light. I found this thread and replaced my battery, CR2032 for this motherboard. Then re-installed the old PSU and it booted! :clap: Loaded the optimized Bios and rebooted, all seemed fine.

I left my computer on for about 1 hour or so, came back and it was back to being shut off, no-response, the CMOS button not even light (how it was at first above).:crazy: This time I moved my graphics card to a lower slot, so I can access this battery easier. Pulled the battery out and let it rest on the desk as I swapped the graphic slot. Then replaced and repeated the BIOS load and reboot to optimal settings. So far I am on line for 30 min. I guess time will tell if this continues to be an issue. I certainly hope this does not become a task for every time I want to boot my computer.:shh:

Hey
garrubaj

I'm having the same problem... Last week I did a fresh install of the Mavericks OS and after that I thought everything was running fine till I woke up next morning and tried to wake up the computer by moving the mouse around. No luck, I tried to force shut down using the power button and same as you, the computer never came back on.

I changed the CMOS battery and whoohoo, all up and running ! but then after an hour idle, the computer went to sleep and again, never woke up... I will test more with different boot settings to see if I can get rid of the problem but hopefully we can get some help from more experience folks !

Thanks guys,

Built
Gigabyte Z77x - UD5H
i7 3770k
H90 Liquid CPU Cooler
NVIDIA Ti OC 660GTX 3GB
Corsair Dominator Platinum C9 16GB
Corsair HX850

Well I ordered some new batteries but they haven't arrived yet.

So I took another battery from a working PC and put it in the Gigabyte board and it still doesn't work.

So I think I will have to take it back under warranty.

I had the same problem, was driving me up the walls! Tried everything and then decided to try the NEW power supply with a cheap tester from ebay. Plugged into tester, worked!, plugged back into MOBO, now it boots! Seems it needed a boost of some sort. This has worked twice now after opening case and fiddling.

for blocking the sleep death, I used the "freeze fix" app running in background and that was working great until I decided to open up the machine and tinker. Now it won't boot up again, tried using the power supply tester boost that worked for me last time, worked once but I started getting the "USB devices drawing too much" etc, and turned off and now stuck at no power again. Jeez!! this is a tough deal. Wife uses it for work, luckily have macbook as backup but the hack is the best mac we've ever owned. I will try reseating the battery and see what happens, I don't recall ever trying that.

jschma

I don't know about your situation but you have to open the hood to get to the battery....at least on my computers....:lol:

See this link - middle of the page - the object you looking for is in the middle of the board and is silver - round - flat about the size of a quarter....

http://www.manualowl.com/m/Gigabyte/GA-Z77X-UD5H/Manual/273242?page=28
(404 error) Links to manual posted above didnt worked for me. Theres some backup link for other users http://safe-manuals.com/user-manual/gigabyte/ga-z77x-ud3h

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back