Contribute
Register

[solved] Help garbled screen with hd 5500 graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fixed that with EDID override. However I still have problems with sleep. When it goes to sleep it wakes instantly and with black screen. And regarding the BIOS I couldn't find a separate option for CSM.

Attachments

• debug_19470.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 78
I patched SSDT's and DSDT, but it didn't fix it.

Attachments

• debug_28862.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 39
What's wrong with them?

What's wrong with them?
Hey I have a question how did you get your Broadwell graphics 5500 to work? Was it framebuffer patch or a kext or something. Ive been working on this for weeks now. Please help

What's wrong with them?

Obvious mistakes:
- dynamic SSDTs are never placed in ACPI/patched
- only the SSDTs that need patching should be placed in ACPI/patched (expect only DSDT.aml and the SSDTs related to disabling Nvidia).

You need to read the related guides carefully.

Your BIOS may have a separate option for CSM.
Up to you to understand your BIOS options...
Hey RehabMan,

I have run into the exact same issues with my Broadwell laptop and HD 5500. When I have patched everything appropriately and booting UEFI I have garbled graphics.

However my laptop has the same problem where it has no option to boot UEFI with legacy enabled. I do have an option to boot CSM instead of UEFI.

However, when I enable CSM, the laptop refuses to find a bootable drive and throws an error.

I’ve followed the clover install guide to a T. It doesn’t matter how I install clover. UEFI or legacy mode both are not recognized as a bootable drive.

I have tried about 10 variations of clover installations to this USB stick. From GUID+ESP install to MBR with a 200mb fat32 partition in legacy mode. Nothing works I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong.

Last edited:
Hey RehabMan,

I have run into the exact same issues with my Broadwell laptop and HD 5500. When I have patched everything appropriately and booting UEFI I have garbled graphics.

However my laptop has the same problem where it has no option to boot UEFI with legacy enabled. I do have an option to boot CSM instead of UEFI.

However, when I enable CSM, the laptop refuses to find a bootable drive and throws an error.

I’ve followed the clover install guide to a T. It doesn’t matter how I install clover. UEFI or legacy mode both are not recognized as a bootable drive.

I have tried about 10 variations of clover installations to this USB stick. From GUID+ESP install to MBR with a 200mb fat32 partition in legacy mode. Nothing works I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Attachments

• debug_2337.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 49
  • EFI.zip
    17.2 MB · Views: 63
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back