ATI 6850
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey all,

I have a problem with booting High Sierra, I followed this guide to make the USB:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.235474/

Which worked OK. I have a classic BIOS (F10)

Now, when the install finished, I boot in the USB again, and select the HFS (High Sierra).
The Apple logo shows... but after a while I get the crossed-cirle:

upload_2017-11-5_9-42-46.png

Now, I want to boot in Verbose mode (-v)

I enter the USB bootmode again;

I select HFS (highSierra) , and pressing Spacebar. Now I select the -v option and then I select " Boot with selected options" and pressing Enter.

----
( When selecting the the Install USB pressing Spacebar, boot with -v, this works .....)
----

upload_2017-11-5_9-46-26.png

Now the mousecursor hangs and nothing is happening.....

When I press Enter again (after 1 minute or so) I get this screen:

upload_2017-11-5_9-47-39.png

When selecting continue; I get this:

upload_2017-11-5_9-48-4.png

(btw; When I boot straight from the HDD after install, it keeps saying: Loading opering system... -> No boot loader)

Last edited:
The screens of last two pics seems strange as they're neither part of Clover nor part of macOS.
Btw, it's normal to have no Bootloader (in this case you want Clover) on the HDDor SSD. Clover has to be installed once you successfully boot into the desktop.

The screens of last two pics seems strange as they're neither part of Clover nor part of macOS.
Btw, it's normal to have no Bootloader (in this case you want Clover) on the HDDor SSD. Clover has to be installed once you successfully boot into the desktop.

Hello, may I ask how you installed Clover? Was it via Multibeast -> Quick Start -? UEFI Boot Mode and Customise System Definition 12,2 ? thanks

Hello, may I ask how you installed Clover? Was it via Multibeast -> Quick Start -? UEFI Boot Mode and Customise System Definition 12,2 ? thanks
I usually use official package from Clover to install new versions of Clover.
Alternatively, if you have a working copy of Clover in EFI partition of the USB stick, copying that entire EFI folder onto the internal disk's EFI partition works too.
I confirm that working and have done that for many times.

EDIT1: fixed typo

I usually use official package from Clover to install new versions of Clover.
Alternatively, if you have a working copy of Clover in EFI partition of the USB stick, copying that entire EFI folder onto the internal disk's EFI partition works too.
I confirm that working and have done that for many times.

EDIT1: fixed typo
thank you ... much appreciated

Hi,

i have the same MOBO than you (GA-Z68XP-UD3), but always get kernel panic on boot from 10.13.1 installation.
When i boot from Unibeast USB stick selecting the 10.13.1 SSD it works, but when booting from SSD directly it crashes.
Could you please post your MultiBeast config for this board?
Maybe i missed something here.
BTW i use a GTX 1060 graphics card ...

many thanks in advance for any guidance

Getting this issue on install with same MB, created the USB drive multiple times from different downloads on different USB keys, my hardware combo was rock solid and easy on Sierra, any ideas anyone
image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back