Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS X99-E WS
CPU
E5-2697 V3
Graphics
GTX 760
Given my eventual success with my main build and HDMI audio I thought I would try with the same video card on another build. Unfortunately, the ASUS P6T uses ALC1200, so my previously working AppleHDA can not be used.

I have made the DSDT edits for Generic Complete HDMI for Nvidia. I have HDAU, IOHDACodec, and GFX0 are showing properly within IORegistryExplorer.

However, I am not sure what AppleHDA.kext to edit for the GT240. Googling led to a few modified ones that were 2.1.X and provided working onboard audio, but editing them as I have done previously did not lead to working HDMI as well.

Is there a specific AppleHDA.kext that I should use?

I will update this post with the DSDT, AppleHDA, and IORegistryExplorer file when I get back to that computer in a few hours.

Edit:
I modified the 10.7.3 AppleHDA.kext with new platformID, layoutID, and Info.plist using HDA Wizard. It works great, but of course does not contain the HDMI edits yet.

It then edited for the GT 240 and now have the familiar black screen followed by reset on boot. I assume this means that the edits are all successful, but I need some other modification to AppleHDA.kext to get it working. Why does that black screen happen?

Please help!

Thanks!

Attachments

• HDMI GT240 ALC1200.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 170
Re: HDMI (Again): GT 240 & ALC1200 on ASUS P6T /w Lion 10.7.3

maleorderbride said:
Given my eventual success with my main build and HDMI audio I thought I would try with the same video card on another build. Unfortunately, the ASUS P6T uses ALC1200, so my previously working AppleHDA can not be used.

I have made the DSDT edits for Generic Complete HDMI for Nvidia. I have HDAU, IOHDACodec, and GFX0 are showing properly within IORegistryExplorer.

However, I am not sure what AppleHDA.kext to edit for the GT240. Googling led to a few modified ones that were 2.1.X and provided working onboard audio, but editing them as I have done previously did not lead to working HDMI as well.

Is there a specific AppleHDA.kext that I should use?

I will update this post with the DSDT, AppleHDA, and IORegistryExplorer file when I get back to that computer in a few hours.

Edit:
I modified the 10.7.3 AppleHDA.kext with new platformID, layoutID, and Info.plist using HDA Wizard. It works great, but of course does not contain the HDMI edits yet.

It then edited for the GT 240 and now have the familiar black screen followed by reset on boot. I assume this means that the edits are all successful, but I need some other modification to AppleHDA.kext to get it working. Why does that black screen happen?

Please help!

Thanks!

If you find the solution please post your hda.
Thanks

Here is the kext (courtesy of Toleda) that worked for me with AppleHDA for 10.7.X with ALC1200 & HDMI with a GT240.

Attachments

• AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 122

maleorderbride said:

There is a problem that started with 10.7.2 and Nvidia HDMI audio that results in a black screen and restart. I have not figured out what causes the problem, however, it doesn't happen to everyone. Further, it no longer occurs with my systems meaning I cannot reproduce the problem. I thought it was solved with new binary edit but others continue to have the problem with the new edit.

For your ALC1200 and GT240, install as is.

Attachments

• AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 118
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back