Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370-HD3P
CPU
i7 8700k
Graphics
Gigabyte Radeon RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys, through just some general testing I realised that HDMI audio is no longer working. It seems that I cant get DummyHDA to load anymore so Im not sure what the issue is. My setup for Audio involves using VoodooHDA for onboard audio while AppleHDA is responsible for HDMI audio the device ID for the Intel GPU is loaded via DummyHDA normally while the onboard audios device ID in VoodooHDA, this setup has worked since El Capitan and Ive ran into no issues. I have recently change the way I patch ACPI so perhaps that could be the reason.

If someone could help me diagnose the issue Id appreciate it! Ill include the problem reporting files as well as the DummyHDA and VoodooHDA files I normally use.

EDIT: Before anyone asks why I use this strange audio setup, it is because the internal microphone will not work via traditional AppleHDA patches and only through VoodooHDA. Ive spent many hours trying to get that to work through AppleHDA without any luck and because I often facetime on this laptop, I require the internal mic.

Attachments

• Archive 2.zip
    173.3 KB · Views: 154
  • Archive.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 145
Hi guys, through just some general testing I realised that HDMI audio is no longer working. It seems that I cant get DummyHDA to load anymore so Im not sure what the issue is. My setup for Audio involves using VoodooHDA for onboard audio while AppleHDA is responsible for HDMI audio the device ID for the Intel GPU is loaded via DummyHDA normally while the onboard audios device ID in VoodooHDA, this setup has worked since El Capitan and Ive ran into no issues. I have recently change the way I patch ACPI so perhaps that could be the reason.

If someone could help me diagnose the issue Id appreciate it! Ill include the problem reporting files as well as the DummyHDA and VoodooHDA files I normally use.

EDIT: Before anyone asks why I use this strange audio setup, it is because the internal microphone will not work via traditional AppleHDA patches and only through VoodooHDA. Ive spent many hours trying to get that to work through AppleHDA without any luck and because I often facetime on this laptop, I require the internal mic.

You are injecting layout-id=3 on HDAU. Should be 1.
Also must inject "hda-gfx"="onboard-1" on IGPU and HDAU. You have it only on HDAU.
Your ioreg shows no HDMI device connected.

You are injecting layout-id=3 on HDAU. Should be 1.
Also must inject "hda-gfx"="onboard-1" on IGPU and HDAU. You have it only on HDAU.
Your ioreg shows no HDMI device connected.

where are these values located????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back