Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Just got a Powercolor HD 5570 as I was told it works OOB. Having some serious trouble having my computer recognize it. I am using a DVI port

Boots in VGA only and is recognized as a Radeon 5500.

Am I missing something? Not sure if I need to edit any kexts but I was told this would work fine on Lion. I just need it to work on my DVI port (if possible) no HDMI sound needed.

I'm thinking it MAY only work on an HDMI port...

Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT:

Had to Switch ATI Ports to 2 and we seem to be 100% functional. Still have to do a custom res with SwitchResx but besides that we're 100%

Re: HD 5570 Not Working On 10.7.2

it should work with GE=Yes ...

My Sapphire works and recognizes as "Radeon 5500 Series", all of the 3 ports (hdmi, dvi and vga) work, however to get some of them working i had to plug in two monitors to activate and then unplug the monitor i'm not going to use. after restart it works automatically...

What's your deviceid?

That's it alright Radeon 5500 series....I'm thinking its the DVI port. Has anyone else had issues with this?

I removed the card as the resolution was hurting my eyes...can't get deviceid.

My System Profiler - OOB in Lion:
ATI Radeon HD 5770:

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon HD 5770
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x8
VRAM (Total): 1024 MB
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x68b8
Revision ID: 0x0000

yes its the PowerColor card
So it should be working without any extra changes or editing.
I do not know how to fix your problem.. but its to show you that is should work.
you might wanna try your bios to see if Graphics card is being read from PCIe port instead of PCI?

Cheers

I have a Powercolor 5570 not 5770.

It's strange, QE/CI works fine but I'm still getting some random mouse jumps and I have to use SwitchResX to get my standard 1600x1050x60 resolution.

When I try and open a game (Duke Forever) my screen just stays black and says incorrect resolution.

I read that you can put a native resolution into the chameloeon plist...would this work even if the res isn't listed natively?

Might be an issue with my older monitor, 22'' HP LCD.

I've tried both DVI and HDMI and have the same resolution issue.

Dear Zeeebs,

are you running your hd 5570 with dvi output?

I have an ASUS ATI Radeon HD 5570 1Gb DDR3 in Lion but I can't use it with DVI output, only with VGA output.

Wich is your kext? Wich options?

Thank you very much

I have trouble with the framebuffer - it will not load and so steam games will not run. How did you get your card running? Mine is recognized as "5000".

For what it is worth; over time the support for 5770 cards has changed with releases. The ATI5000Controller.kext and ATIFramebuffer.kext at version 1.6.26.31 from SL 10.6.7 are the best IN MY OPINION. All of the later drivers including all of the Lion versions will not give me three concurrent displays. So rather the patching kexts I just revert to the version 1.6.26.31 kexts.

5770.jpg

If I had your 5570 card I would try running these kexts.

neil

This card started up when i put GraphicsEnabler=No - and that's it, fully working

Hi neilhart,

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I am having similar trouble with my Sapphire 5570 and I can see that you have the same card working properly. Could you tell me where I can find the 1.6.26.31 version of the atiframebuffer.kext that you've made reference to. Or maybe attach it for me to download? Thanks very much, I appreciate the help.

Eko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back