Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
CPU
i7 2700K
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GT 9500
I know that you can't use QFlash going from Fxx to UEFI Bios, so I used FLASHEFI on a bootle DOS usb stick. It still didn't work. I am also sure that I downloaded the correct file for the revision # on my board (1.3).
Any ideas on how I can get this to work? BTW, after my failed attempts at updating to U1n, I was able to go from F10 to F12 using QFlash.

2nd question: In addition to High Sierra, I also have a separate drive that I use to boot Lion. If I successfully am able to switch to UEFI BIOS, will I not be able to boot into my old Lion drive? Is there some sort of "legacy boot" option within U1n?

Thanks for any assistance.

I know that you can't use QFlash going from Fxx to UEFI Bios, so I used FLASHEFI on a bootle DOS usb stick. It still didn't work. I am also sure that I downloaded the correct file for the revision # on my board (1.3).
Any ideas on how I can get this to work? BTW, after my failed attempts at updating to U1n, I was able to go from F10 to F12 using QFlash.

2nd question: In addition to High Sierra, I also have a separate drive that I use to boot Lion. If I successfully am able to switch to UEFI BIOS, will I not be able to boot into my old Lion drive? Is there some sort of "legacy boot" option within U1n?

Thanks for any assistance.

I have upgraded several Sandy Bridge Gigabyte motherboards in my possession from traditional BIOS to UEFI using FlashEFI as instructed, and I have never had a problem. What error message did you receive?

Supposedly, after downloading and extracting the contents of the zip file, you should copy the files to a bootable DOS USB stick, use that stick to boot your computer to a DOS prompt, and then type FLASHEFI_autoexec.bat and press Enter to start the upgrade process. It may be necessary to format the USB stick in FAT16 (not FAT32) format, which I believe cannot be done in MacOS.

Last edited:
Great thanks for the responses. I will have to try again and record what the specific error message was. I won't be able to get to this until tonight but will report back. Thanks!

Supposedly, after downloading and extracting the contents of the zip file, you should copy the files to a bootable DOS USB stick, use that stick to boot your computer to a DOS prompt, and then type FLASHEFI_autoexec.bat and press Enter to start the upgrade process. It may be necessary to format the USB stick in FAT16 (not FAT32) format, which I believe cannot be done in MacOS.

I thought you were supposed to type: FLASHEFI Z68XUD3H.U1n at the DOS prompt. I think that's what the instructions stated on that link the Stork posted above. Am I mistaken?

I thought you were supposed to type: FLASHEFI Z68XUD3H.U1n at the DOS prompt. I think that's what the instructions stated on that link the Stork posted above. Am I mistaken?

No, you are not mistaken. FlashEFI_autoexec.bat is a batch file than can be run at a DOS prompt. When you type it and press Enter it will execute the command FLASHEFI Z68XUD3H.U1n for you.

So both ways will work as they run the same command.

Sorry I finally got around to trying to do this again, and it's not working. I'm posting some pictures of the commands I entered and the error message (which is shown) is the same each time. I also am posting a picture of the contents of my DOS usb so you can see the files on it. I don't know why this isn't working. Am I entering the commands incorrectly? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

20180524_024555_resized.jpg
20180524_025210_resized.jpg
20180524_025323_resized.jpg

BTW this was solved. Had to do with one of the boot options on the freeDOS usb. I am updated.

Hey Dylan123, I'm having the same problem any further instructions would be appreciated. What do you mean by one of the boot options on the freeDOS usb?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back