Contribute
Register

[solved] Haswell DSDT compile error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haswell DSDT compile error

I am really sorry but I seem to be to stupid and I am still stuck with a lot of errors. Here is what I did:
1) downloaded IASL.zip from 2014-11-13 from your file and put the extracted iasl in my home directory (13 Nov 2014, 1MB)
2) put the Linux extract files that are in the posted zip file in the sub-directory tables
3) ../iasl -da -dl dsdt.aml ssdt*.aml
4) Opened with MaciASL
5) MaciASL preferences: ACPI 5.0, Updated iASL (compiler version 20131218-64 (Jan 8 2014))
5) First compile 36 errors
6) Applying your patch: Still 32 errors (and not 4 as in your post)

What am I doing wrong? I am really desperate now. May I ask you to share the error-free DSDL that you generated? I know that this is a big ask but this seems to be too much science for me...

I step 4, what file did you open?

I step 4, what file did you open?

I opened the dsdt.dsl file that was generated by the compiler in the directory tables.

BTW: I just compiled the dsdt.dsl with the iasl from your link and got "only" 4 errors like in your post.
Code:
Compiler aborting due to parser-detected syntax error(s)
dsdt.dsl  24697:             ^^^RP05.PEGP.SGPO (0x32, One, ^^^RP05.PEGP.SGPO (PWEN (Zero), If (LEqual (ToInteger (PRGE), 0x02))
Error    6126 -                  syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_IF, expecting ',' or ')' ^ 

dsdt.dsl  24698:                     {
Error    6126 -                     ^ syntax error, unexpected '{'

dsdt.dsl  24704:                     }))
Error    6126 -                      ^ syntax error, unexpected ')'

dsdt.dsl  24713: 
Error    6126 - syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_NAME, expecting $end and premature End-Of-File

ASL Input:     dsdt.dsl - 24713 lines, 791740 bytes, 11051 keywords

Compilation complete. 4 Errors, 0 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 0 Optimizations
Does this mean I have to manually compile in terminal with your compiler instead of MaciASL?

I opened the dsdt.dsl file that was generated by the compiler in the directory tables.

Make sure you're using my current version of MaciASL.

Make sure you're using my current version of MaciASL.
After lots of "try and error" I finally found a solution. I quickly describe my solution in case somebody else runs into the same problem.
Code:
1. I used DSDTEditor-Linux-Mac-Win under Windows 8.1
2. I downloaded the newest IASL from https://www.acpica.org/downloads/binary-tools
3. I moved the IASL.exe to the directory of DSDTEditor
4. I de-compiled the dsdt.dsl using RehabMan's instructions
5. I applied the following patches from RehabMan's GITHUB RehabMan\Laptop-DSDT-Patch\syntax: removeDSM and fix_ADBG
6. I applied the patch from RehabMan's earlier post
7. Commented out the remaining 4 errors: Result: 0 Errors, 41 Warnings, 163 Remarks, 202 Optimizations
Thank you for your help.

After lots of "try and error" I finally found a solution. I quickly describe my solution in case somebody else runs into the same problem.
Code:
1. I used DSDTEditor-Linux-Mac-Win under Windows 8.1
2. I downloaded the newest IASL from https://www.acpica.org/downloads/binary-tools
3. I moved the IASL.exe to the directory of DSDTEditor
4. I de-compiled the dsdt.dsl using RehabMan's instructions
5. I applied the following patches from RehabMan's GITHUB RehabMan\Laptop-DSDT-Patch\syntax: removeDSM and fix_ADBG
6. I applied the patch from RehabMan's earlier post
7. Commented out the remaining 4 errors: Result: 0 Errors, 41 Warnings, 163 Remarks, 202 Optimizations
Thank you for your help.

My patches do not support DSDT Editor. Only MaciASL.

My patches do not support DSDT Editor. Only MaciASL.
Sorry, I did not know that. Will re-try then with MacIASL. How can I test that the patches work? I have put the new dsdt.aml in the directory /Volumes/EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched. Is that correct? How can I see that the dsdt.aml is used correctly?

Sorry, I did not know that. Will re-try then with MacIASL. How can I test that the patches work? I have put the new dsdt.aml in the directory /Volumes/EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched. Is that correct? How can I see that the dsdt.aml is used correctly?

MaciASL shows a preview of the changes, so it is easy to tell if the patch is working. EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched is where Clover loads patched ACPI files.

Hello...

I am having a bit of trouble with an ssdt from a z50-70. My .dsl file gives no errors. but when I do save as .aml I get some unexpected parseop integer error which point to a 0x3 I believe. This is a graphics ssdt and the graphics are being a bit sluggish.

The .dsl was from a linux dump. Does maciasl correlate the file its working on with files in the same directory?

the ssdt (4) got some hazwell support patches and brightness on the .dsl. forgot to keep the original if that is important.

The 5th is not from linux but a script for generating power management.

Attachments

• Violets’s MacBook Pro.zip
    175.7 KB · Views: 99
  • tables.zip
    458.2 KB · Views: 115
  • config.plist.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 116
  • patched.zip
    30.6 KB · Views: 121

Hello...

I am having a bit of trouble with an ssdt from a z50-70. My .dsl file gives no errors. but when I do save as .aml I get some unexpected parseop integer error which point to a 0x3 I believe.

Check your MaciASL settings. Make sure "treat warnings as errors" is not checked.

I was able to compile DSDT.dsl with just "Fix PARSEOP_STORE/MMTB/HRPR Error" patch (and removing the not needed External declaration causing an error).

Also, you have a DSDT.aml in patched.zip. Which implies you were able to patch it and save as AML... so your question is a bit confusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back