Contribute
Register

[Solved] Hackintosh wont shut down completely (or sleep) windows 7 or mountain lion 10.8 Ud5h "PLEAS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
GTX 770
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi Everyone, would really appreciate some help with this as this is my first build.

For some reason my machine just wont shut down completely, I've seen a number of people with the same problem it seems quite common is their an easy fix that i'm missing? before install of mountain lion my windows 7 partition worked perfect.

Intel i7 3770K
Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H rev 1.1
2x 8GB Vengeance
crucial 128gb M4 (Mountain Lion Install)
WD 1TB Blue (Windows 7)
WD 2TB Red (Data etc)

Windows 8
- restart works fine
- on shutdown, just turns off display. fans, lights keep running
-sleep, the same

Mountain Lion
- restart works fine
- on shutdown, appears to shut down correctly but fans keep running
-sleep the same

I have Wake-on-Lan disabled, everything else set to standard config in bios
and i tried to install
Ev0Reboot with Kext wizard still no avail :cry:

(do i have to uninstall some kexts for Ev0Reboot to work btw)

if someone could help me out it would be amazing as everything else seems to be working great!
(bar HDMI sounds which doesnt bother me, and USB3 atm)

thanks guys

LEO

Hackingtosh wont shut down completely (or sleep) windows 7 or mountain lion 10.8 Ud5h "PLEASE HELP!!!"

Hi Everyone, would really appreciate some help with this as this is my first build.

For some reason my machine just wont shut down completely, I've seen a number of people with the same problem it seems quite common is their an easy fix that i'm missing? before install of mountain lion my windows 7 partition worked perfect.

Intel i7 3770K
Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H rev 1.1
2x 8GB Vengeance
crucial 128gb M4 (Mountain Lion Install)
WD 1TB Blue (Windows 7)
WD 2TB Red (Data etc)

Windows 8
- restart works fine
- on shutdown, just turns off display. fans, lights keep running
-sleep, the same

Mountain Lion
- restart works fine
- on shutdown, appears to shut down correctly but fans keep running
-sleep the same

I have Wake-on-Lan disabled, everything else set to standard config in bios
and i tried to install
Ev0Reboot with Kext wizard still no avail :cry:

(do i have to uninstall some kexts for Ev0Reboot to work btw)

if someone could help me out it would be amazing as everything else seems to be working great!
(bar HDMI sounds which doesnt bother me, and USB3 atm)

thanks guys

LEO

Well, since it happens the same on Win7, I would focus on that. If it doesn't work correctly with Windows, there's no chance of it working with OS X. Do you have the latest BIOS?

Hackingtosh wont shut down completely (or sleep) windows 7 or mountain lion 10.8 Ud5h "PLEASE HELP!!!"

Ok, Yea it came with the latest Bios pre installed

I just tried taking out the Sata from my (ML) drive to check if windows worked still, everything back to normal, sleep and shut-down working fine, which i reassuring lol

Ok, Yea it came with the latest Bios pre installed

Something about CPU over voltage setting rings a bell - you need to switch it off, I think it happens with some of the Z77 boards.

Sorry about being a bit vague - I read a lot of stuff on this site very quickly - so it doesn't all sink in ;)

Adrian B

On the Z77-UP5TH (bios F9) it can be found in
M.I.T. > Advanced Frequency Settings > Advanced CPU Core Features
INTERNAL CPU PLL OVERVOLTAGE = DISABLED

Is this what you talking about? Will i still be able to overclock my CPU with this disabled?

ill give it a crack now

- - - Updated - - -

On the Z77-UP5TH (bios F9) it can be found in
M.I.T. > Advanced Frequency Settings > Advanced CPU Core Features
INTERNAL CPU PLL OVERVOLTAGE = DISABLED

Is this what you talking about? Will i still be able to overclock my CPU with this disabled?

ill give it a crack now

I just tried taking out the Sata from my (ML) drive to check if windows worked still, everything back to normal, sleep and shut-down working fine, which i reassuring lol

So, it has something to do with that specific SSD or the port it is plugged into. Have you tried plugging a different device in that port? Have you tried plugging the SSD into a different port? Have you updated to the latest 070H firmware for your Crucial M4?

Something about CPU over voltage setting rings a bell - you need to switch it off, I think it happens with some of the Z77 boards.

Sorry about being a bit vague - I read a lot of stuff on this site very quickly - so it doesn't all sink in ;)

Adrian B

Well i tried turning off the cpu over voltage and seemed like everything was working apart from sleep on ML, went to sleep fine but wouldnt wake up, thought i would reboot an try again...

edit/

as it went to sleep it seemed to shut down, now the board wont take any power the light on the board switches on for a second and turns back off, wont start up

might be dead ffs or the battery dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back