Contribute
Register

[Solved] Hackintosh won't boot after updating nvidia drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
@slim.jim Interesting. I just had the following feedback from a i7 3770K user:

So I ran the script, it installed version .106 things seem snappier for sure, time will tell, I'll report back either way. Thanks for this !!

Source: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...nvidia-web-drivers.244987/page-2#post-1688527

So looks like the CPU theory was incorrect. Honestly, at this point I'm a bit stumped as to which systems are affected and which aren't. However, as long as 378.10.10.10.25.106 continues to work for everyone I'm reasonably content with the way the script operates.

Actually the laggyness is back, it's most noticeable when I swipe between desktops or try to get the dock to pop up and then scroll horizontally along the dock.

Hi,

I have a similar problem on my Hackintosh Sierra.
I had everything working and somehow I decided to update to newer nvidia driver by downloading the dmg from Nvidia site. I than reboot it and I am stuck !

This is what I have in the Options:
Boot Args: nvda_drv=1 shikigva=12 darkwake=0 npci=0x3000 -v slide=0

I tried to set nv_disable=1 and uncheck the nvidia web driver in the Graphics Injector but I cannot pass a PCI configuration during boot. IT just shutdown the machine.

I can access the rescue mode, but I cannot run the script, it gives bunch of errors.

What can I do?

Thx

UPDATE:
So I fixed the issue by restoring backups from Time Machine. I do daily backups !
thx

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back