Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Hackintosh Running Slow after install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! I will try it! :)

So, did all the things you've mentioned. reinstalled Sierra, multibeast settings, added your plist after that (because no changes), also checked the Onboard Intel Graphics > was already disabled. Tried to run CS: GO, just to check if the graphic card would work, but it was one hell of a lag, choppy as $#@!.... Is Reinstalling on a formatted drive and manually adding 'time machine' files te only option left? Or do you know any other things to try?

So, did all the things you've mentioned. reinstalled Sierra, multibeast settings, added your plist after that (because no changes), also checked the Onboard Intel Graphics > was already disabled. Tried to run CS: GO, just to check if the graphic card would work, but it was one hell of a lag, choppy as $#@!.... Is Reinstalling on a formatted drive and manually adding 'time machine' files te only option left? Or do you know any other things to try?

I have no idea. I have a GTX 760 in one of my builds and it is simplicity itself, you just plug it in and it works.
Do you have any other PCI cards installed that have grabbed lanes from the graphics card ?
Try it without your Firewire card.
If you have a spare drive I would certainly try a fresh install and test before you add your Time Machine files because I suspect that they are the source of your problems.

Lanes.png

Your motherboard spec :

Manual.png

So finally tried it. Bought a fresh samsung 850 evo 250gb ssd and installed it all over again, did a new install; NO time machine this time. In the beginning it seemed faster, but I think now its as slow as before. I tried a benchmark test with the geekbench app; the results were dramatic aswell.... Perhaps there's just something wrong with my processor/ RAM / Gtx 760 card... I am not sure, but something is causing this turtle-mode. Any tips? Benchmark test: https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/3147177

Where it says 1638, it should say atleast 4500.

Edit: sorry for the dutch name-settings in the image, but i think you'll figure it out.

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding 2017-06-17 om 16.00.23.png
    Schermafbeelding 2017-06-17 om 16.00.23.png
    114.2 KB · Views: 180
I installed Yosemite on an empty ssd, now running smooth again. Except it says its a 900Mhz Intel Core i7. Any idea what that's supposed to mean? Or is it the Mac Pro 3,1 standard? (see attachtment).

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-06-22 at 16.28.30.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-22 at 16.28.30.png
    57.3 KB · Views: 145
Ok... so Everytime i reboot my system, the system gives states a different ghz on my processor. 900 mhz, 800mhz and now it says 1.2ghz.... Perhaps this is the cause of all the probs, that my processor is a mess?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-06-22 at 18.17.02.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-22 at 18.17.02.png
    62.2 KB · Views: 110
Have you tried to reset all bios settings? Maybe even reflash the bios to make sure NVRam is cleared. Then set all the necessary settings again and try it out. If it still is not working I would check if the hardware is working correctly under windows.

So Thanks maxi322, and I will as last stop. But first this; I restored my old Yosemite install from Time Machine and that works ok now, but it was slow again; couldn't play propperly a normal 1080p prores timeline in Premiere. So I thought it could be the processor; downloaded the Intel Power Gadget of Intel itself, because the fan of processor is constantly running in kamikaza mode. After the measurement the temperature seems to be 99.4 Celsius as a average!!!!!! That can't be right? Also could be the reason for freeze frames I'm having sometimes and the reason why the pc is rather slow...

Question; how to fix this? Other fan? Might the processor be damaged (has been running like this since 13th of June, but earlier he the freeze frames already)? What kinda cooler should I buy?

I had a problem like this on an office system. Reseat the CPU cooler itself. Maybe it got lose or whatever. Remove the cooler, apply new thermal paste, reinstall the cooler and make sure it sits properly on the CPU. Intel chips are surprising durable when they reache 90+ Celsius.

Thanks guys! Solved it! I bought a water cooler (the stock intel cooler was pretty old). I mentioned when I removed the old one, there was no paste left underneath, probably removed it by accident while cleaning some dust; n0000b... Anyway, thanks for your help on this one! Just one problem left with my Nvidia Drivers, but nothing big; i'll post a new thread if I cant find the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back