Motherboard
Asus Z87-PRO
CPU
Intel i7 4790K
Graphics
Onboard
Mac
  1. iMac
Hi all - been at this for a couple days now, but i haven't made much progress.

Was using 10.10.2 for a while, but decided to upgrade in order to upgrade my phone software as well.

Anyway - i upgraded via the app store, but the install failed right at the end, and froze my computer. I restarted the machine, Chimera loaded as usual but then I was getting kernel panic/failures. I was able to get back into Yosemite in safe mode. I reinstalled Chimera via Unibeast and that's when everyting went south.

After that initial restart, Chimera would no longer show up and my Mobo (Asus Z87-Pro) acts like the SSD doesn't have an OS on it. I'm now stuck. I've created USB booters for Yosemite that don't pick up on restarts. The only thing i haven't tried yet is re-formatting the SSD and doing a clean install from my old Macbook (i plugged the SSD into this laptop and it works), but i'm not convinced that would solve the problem.

Any thoughts?

THanks,

Jeremy

Still stuck, and not sure what else to do...

I still can't seem to get the unibeast USB drive to be bootable in my system. I've created multiple drives from an older and the newest unibeast and still nada.

I've upgraded to 10.10.5 on my legit MacBook and then run multibeast, but when I swap the ssd over to the hackintosh, neither are bootable. I've tinkered with the Bios settings and still nada. There aren't any errors that I know of. Just, the Mobo doesn't want to boot my drive.

So here is everything I've done, short of formatting and starting from scratch:
-Reinstalled 10.10.5 from unibeast USB (on a Mac) multiple times
-Ran multibeast with different settings multiple times
-manually installed the Extra folder on the EFI partition (this got me a different result, but always resulted in a boot1: error)

Any other suggestions? I've never had an issue with my setup before this. I'm also just short on time, and a lot of it is spent waiting on reboots...

Thanks all.

Figured it out.

A few things went wrong.

So, 10.10.5 install didn't complete and that was the big/main issue, but that was the easiest to fix.

The other hidden/more frustrating part was why I couldn't get the Unibeast USB to even boot up, much less my SSD.
After a lot of trial and error, reading on the internets, I stumbled upon a post that mentioned my board/family of boards, won't boot up under the GUID Partition Type formats, and that I needed to format the Unibeast installer in Master Boot Record (MBR) form and then try again (contrary to the current instructions of Unibeast intall guides). So that was fun.

Tried that and BOOM it worked - which, then after more trial and error, i finally got my SSD up and running. A few hiccups on installing the EFI bootloader onto the partition, but i was able to figure that part out on my own without much frustration there.

Now it's just a matter of getting the proper kexts back up and running.

All basic stuff that i did before, but something one forgets if it hasn't been done in over two years.

Now I gotta make a note inside my comp for the next time this happens....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back