i3-8100
Graphics
IGFX
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

I accidentally made this post in the build guide and am re-posting it here.

This is the first time I am posting and is due to the great info on this site. I normally am able to resolve any issues by searching the forums here. This time I am stumped and haven't found any info as to what my issue may be. My build consists of

MB: Gigabyte H370N WIFI
CPU: i3-8100
RAM: 8GB of crucial Budget
HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda
Graphics: Internal
Peripherals: TP-Link TL-WDN4800 N900

Normally I just follow the install guide and everything works just fine and I have to tweak things in post install. This time though I am not able to even install at all. After inserting the usb and running clover I get a circle with a slash through it. The final line before it breaks if I run it in verbose states

apfs_module_start:1277: load: com.apple.filesystem.apfs, v748.51.8, 748.67.14, 2018/05/08

If this issue has already been resolved then I apologize and would appreciate it if I can be pointed in the right direction.

Thank you in advance

IMG_0125.PNG
IMG_0126.PNG

Last edited:
I have the same motherboard. I could only get it to work with a USB2 Hub connected to the bottom-most USB port below the ethernet port. I was able to install but am now trying to get the other USB ports to work.

Really? I tried the USB2 port on my front pannel, but ended up with the same result again. I will see if I can pick up a USB2 hub tomorrow and give it a shot. Thank you for the reply.

This worked out just fine so I am going to call this solved. Weird that only that port works. Thanks a lot
danstrashbin where you able to get the other ports to work eventually?

I ended up using this guide to get them all working.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

I did not need to make a custom SSDT to get all ports working, but I ended up making one anyway because RehabMan said it would be more stable in the long run.

I did a clean install

I needed to rename EHCs

Rename XHCI

Install USBInjectAll.kext in Library/extensions (not system/library/extensions) (use kext beast) (I actually did both, but only got results when it was in Library/extensions)

Install XHCI-300-series-injector.kext in Library/extensions (not system/library/extensions) (use kext beast) (I actually did both, but only got results when it was in Library/extensions)

Use the remove patch that comes with multibeast 10.3

and that got them all working just fine.

Afterwords I created my own SSDT. It wasn't necessary to do so, they all worked just fine without it and I saw no performance difference, but it was stated on the forums that in the long run a custom SSDT is more stable.

The guide does a better job at explaining the workflow of things than I would.

Thanks for your help. That worked for me too. Did you buy an M.2 wifi/bluetooth card (eg. Broadcom BCM94352Z NGFF M.2)? I'm regretting not installing it before assembling the computer.

I attached the dsl file for others who might want to shortcut the USB discovery process with this motherboard. As explained in the guide, open it with MaciASL, save as binary with file name SSDT-UIAC.aml, and save to the EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched folder. You can mount EFI using Clover Configurator.

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC - USB for Gigabyte H370N WIFI.dsl
    3.7 KB · Views: 209
M.2 wifi/bluetooth card (eg. Broadcom BCM94352Z NGFF M.2)? I'm regretting not installing it before assembling the computer.
It doesn't work :/ I've tried with the Dell DW1560. Something about the new M.2 interface (that is now CNVi).

I attached the dsl file for others who might want to shortcut the USB discovery process with this motherboard. As explained in the guide, open it with MaciASL, save as binary with file name SSDT-UIAC.aml, and save to the EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched folder. You can mount EFI using Clover Configurator.

Cheers for that one :)

Last edited:
Thanks for your help. That worked for me too. Did you buy an M.2 wifi/bluetooth card (eg. Broadcom BCM94352Z NGFF M.2)? I'm regretting not installing it before assembling the computer.

Thanks heaps for that. It worked well for me. was the usb3 port included in this?

How driver the audio? My ALC1220 can't

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back