Contribute
Register

[Solved] GTX1060 No 4k, I think not all Active DisplayPort-to-HDMI adaptors are 4k!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Maximus VIII Hero
CPU
i7-6700k
Graphics
GTX1060
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I know my HDMI cable is rated to do 4k @60hz because it will do it under Windows 10 WITHOUT the display port adaptor. The Hackintosh will only do 4k @30hz as we all know without an active adaptor, or so it seems from the forums here.

So I go down to the local establishment and pick up an Active DisplayPort-to-HDMI adaptor, plug it in and suddenly I can only get up to 2560x1600 max resolution under BOTH OSX and Windows!

I'm thinking I'll order an Active adaptor off Amazon that specifically says 4K in the description.

Anyone else ever encounter this?

Cheers....

Could it be that you are using HDMI 2.* which is unsupported ?
Oh no! Yes specs on the card is HDMI 2. So I guess I shouldn’t even bother and just stick with 30hz then? I guess I read or misinterpreted the info I found. D’oh!

Thanks!

So I guess I shouldn’t even bother and just stick with 30hz then?
I don't know enough about it to advise you just that I have seen numerous posts stating that HDMI 2 is unsupported.
It is an avenue for you to investigate anyway and perhaps someone more knowledgable can help.

I don't know enough about it to advise you just that I have seen numerous posts stating that HDMI 2 is unsupported.
It is an avenue for you to investigate anyway and perhaps someone more knowledgable can help.
Ok, when I get home I’ll do more reading. My understanding was that although an HDMI 2 port isn’t supported, connecting to a DisplayPort using an active adaptor should work. I appreciate your input.

Cheers

Success! The first adaptor I picked up was not rated for 4K but I’ve just received a cheaper adaptor from Amazon Canada that works and I can now choose 60hz in 4K! :headbang:

Success! The first adaptor I picked up was not rated for 4K but I’ve just received a cheaper adaptor from Amazon Canada that works and I can now choose 60hz in 4K! :headbang:
Hi dude! I am looking for a DP - hdmi2 adaptor, which one did you buy? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back