My Build:

Motherboard: GA-Z170X-Ultra Gaming
CPU: Intel Core I7-6700K
RAM: G.Skill Aegis 16GB DDR4 2133
PSU: Corsair RM750
Boot Drive: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB
Backup Drive: WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM
GPU: GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB GDDR5

I just recently purchased and installed the GPU. Previously I had been running the system for almost a year using the built-in Intel HD 530 Graphics with no issues. Ever since I installed the GPU I’ve had white lines that move up the login screen after entering my password. If I open any programs the cursor has a black box around it wherever I move it. If any notification pop up they also have black boxes around them. The computer seems slower as well.

I’ve installed the NVIDIA Web Driver and have the menu in the control panel. Every time I select NVIDIA Web Drivers to default and reboot my system it says it’s using OS X Native Graphics.

Since the GPU I’ve not been able to do any video editing with ScreenFlow either. It crashes and tells me my current graphic settings aren’t supported. I’ve been building Hackintosh systems for quite for since Snow Leopard, but I’ve always relied on guides for my builds.

I’ve also attempted to do a fresh install of this same build on a separate hard drive, and have the same issues, but now the audio doesn’t work on the fresh install using the ALC892 audio settings in Multibeast. Which is what I used and is working currently on my primary hard drive.

I’ve watched videos on editing config.plist, changing settings using Clover Configurator, and even tried entering different boot arguments. I’ve had no luck, and would really appreciate some professional help from someone with more expertise.

Last edited:
My Build:

Motherboard: GA-Z170X-Ultra Gaming
CPU: Intel Core I7-6700K
RAM: G.Skill Aegis 16GB DDR4 2133
PSU: Corsair RM750
Boot Drive: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB
Backup Drive: WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM
GPU: GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB GDDR5

I just recently purchased and installed the GPU. Previously I had been running the system for almost a year using the built-in Intel HD 530 Graphics with no issues. Ever since I installed the GPU I’ve had white lines that move up the login screen after entering my password. If I open any programs the cursor has a black box around it wherever I move it. If any notification pop up they also have black boxes around them. The computer seems slower as well.

I’ve installed the NVIDIA Web Driver and have the menu in the control panel. Every time I select NVIDIA Web Drivers to default and reboot my system it says it’s using OS X Native Graphics.

Since the GPU I’ve not been able to do any video editing with ScreenFlow either. It crashes and tells me my current graphic settings aren’t supported. I’ve been building Hackintosh systems for quite for since Snow Leopard, but I’ve always relied on guides for my builds.

I’ve also attempted to do a fresh install of this same build on a separate hard drive, and have the same issues, but now the audio doesn’t work on the fresh install using the ALC1150 audio settings in Multibeast. Which is what I used and is working currently on my primary hard drive.

I’ve watched videos on editing config.plist, changing settings using Clover Configurator, and even tried entering different boot arguments. I’ve had no luck, and would really appreciate some professional help from someone with more expertise.

The GTX 1050 Ti and other Pascal series graphics cards are only supported by the Nvidia web drivers on MacOS Sierra 10.12.4 or later. The version of web driver for El Capitan does not support the GTX 1050 Ti.

If you want to use this card, you will have to upgrade to MacOS Sierra or later. If you want to keep using El Capitan, either stay with the HD530 CPU graphics or find an older graphics card supported in El Capitan (e.g. the Maxwell series cards GTX9xx ).

The GTX 1050 Ti and other Pascal series graphics cards are only supported by the Nvidia web drivers on MacOS Sierra 10.12.4 or later. The version of web driver for El Capitan does not support the GTX 1050 Ti.

If you want to use this card, you will have to upgrade to MacOS Sierra or later. If you want to keep using El Capitan, either stay with the HD530 CPU graphics or find an older graphics card supported in El Capitan (e.g. the Maxwell series cards GTX9xx ).

Didn’t even realize that when I purchased the 1050 Ti. I updated to OS Sierra and everything seems to work just fine. Thanks for the information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back