Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z370A PRO
CPU
i5 8400
Graphics
1050Ti
I built a new hackintosh. Besides the minor problems I do have a interesting problem.
Before hackintosh, I used windows for a few days. The GPU's fans were spinning at %45 by default(the temperature of the GPU was 35 Celsius, but I am not sure). I watched a bit the fans so I know how fast they were.

After hackintosh installation, the GPU was louder. I observed the fans, they were spinning much more faster. Also at the HWMonitor the GPU fan speed seems to be at %100 besides the temperature of the GPU is 27 Celsius.
I never play games, I just do code. So I do not need to bare the loudness :D

I tried to customise the fans speed by various programs.
One of them was Macs Fan Control. It said: "something is wrong - min/max fan values are equal(0). Please make sure to uninstall any other fan controlling software and reset SMC".
The other software also did not helped.
There is no option in BIOS to control the fans of the GPU.

What could be the solution? Thanks in advance.

I built a new hackintosh. Besides the minor problems I do have a interesting problem.
Before hackintosh, I used windows for a few days. The GPU's fans were spinning at %45 by default(the temperature of the GPU was 35 Celsius, but I am not sure). I watched a bit the fans so I know how fast they were.

After hackintosh installation, the GPU was louder. I observed the fans, they were spinning much more faster. Also at the HWMonitor the GPU fan speed seems to be at %100 besides the temperature of the GPU is 27 Celsius.
I never play games, I just do code. So I do not need to bare the loudness :D

I tried to customise the fans speed by various programs.
One of them was Macs Fan Control. It said: "something is wrong - min/max fan values are equal(0). Please make sure to uninstall any other fan controlling software and reset SMC".
The other software also did not helped.
There is no option in BIOS to control the fans of the GPU.

What could be the solution? Thanks in advance.

There is no way to set the fan speeds of a GPU in macOS. MacFanControl is designed to control the system fans on a real Mac.

The fan speeds for the GPU are stored in the vbios, not at the OS level.

Thank you. I will look for vbios options.

Thank you. I will look for vbios options.

You should be able to boot into Windows and use the relevant utility for your brand of card to make fan profile changes. They may or may not stick when booting into macOS though.

You should be able to boot into Windows and use the relevant utility for your brand of card to make fan profile changes. They may or may not stick when booting into macOS though.
I thought the same. After booting on windows, I noticed that I was wrong about something. There were no problem, the default sounds were same on Windows and macOS.
I tried the GPU on %100 fan speed, and yes I was totaly wrong. The GPU was spinning on default speeds on macOS.
It was my very own mistake to think that it was louder on macOS but that was just an imagination :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back